Mazda3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my new Mazda3 HB, but one thing that HAD to go was the rinky-dinky horn. It was embarrasing to use it, because of the little "cute" noise it made. It's too high pitch and soft.

I replaced it today with a set of two louder horns (high and low pitch), it was a real pain in the ass cause I had to take out the left front wheel and take out lots of plastic from the wheel-well. Much better now, I highly reccomend it.

Do any other 3 owners out there not like the factory horn?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I speak for all, when I say the little beep is straight lame.

·
Registered
202 Posts
lol ... i went to the movies and used the horn for the first time, and i was embarrassed too. i figure it's not a big enough deal for me to have to spend money or lots of labor to change the horn.

So you had to remove some plastic parts from the front-left wheel well in order to remove the stock horn, or was that only because of the type of horn you replaced it with?

How much did it cost?

·
Registered
452 Posts
really??? i never heard it b4...
let me go test drive it and try out the horn...
that way...wont' be that embarass...because i am test-driving! 8)

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
It actually sound like crap from inside the vehicule but not that bad where your outside which is what counts.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a the replacement horn at Pepboys for about $30. Just to get to the factory horn, you'll have to take off the left front wheel, and take off lots of plastic trim. It's a real small area the horn is in (extreme left front, behind the left headlight). It took about an hour to do the whole thing. It's worth it though.

·
Registered
254 Posts
hmm... my horn isn't too bad sounding.. it's got more balls than my previous corolla and neon.

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
Performance horns! LOL, the first night I had my car I honked at a few cuties from across the street, got them to honk back :0

·
Registered
315 Posts
Budgy, amazing avatar!

Yea, the horn is very lame... from inside, outside, wherever you are. My girlfriend even laughed at it. Maybe I'll upgrade it one of these days. I can find better buys (and needed buys) for $30 right now.

·
Registered
202 Posts
yeah great avatar. Yeah when i first used my horn, it was at an F-150 jacked up on oversized wheels. The horn sounded like the road runner's "meep meep!" I thought, "I ain't gonna get no respect, these guys will just keep backing up and run over me like a monster truck."

$30 + 1hr. doesn't seem like a lot. so pretty simple to remove the plastic? you just pop it back in when you are done? what does your horn sound like now? I think i want a horn that plays "la cucaracha"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.