Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if someone could tell me if they were able to put an electric guitar (in its case) in the back of their sedan?

I did some research and found the trunk opening a bit small. I don't want to have to scratch my car in an attempt to try and fit my guitar in there everytime I go out.

Or perhaps the trunk is deep enough to fit one?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
my guitar fits into the hatch w/ no problem...but I use a bag, not a case

but i guess if you can't put it in the trunk...put it on the back seats

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far HB seems to be the only one to fit it?
as much as I don't mind putting my guitar in the backseats, if I carry passengers, it'll be kind of difficult to do. passengers sitting on my guitar does not bode well with me.

·
Registered
526 Posts
How about putting the guitar on your passengers? It'll be a fee for getting to ride in such a bitchin car...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Why not just take the guitar in it's case to the dealership and try to put it in the trunk?? I don't see why any dealer would have an issue with that... besides, it'd kinda be funny.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Here's an idea:

If all else do not work, then resort to this:

Get the roof rack and strap it rass down.

There, solution to the problem!

--> If not... Get a 18-whlr... sure it 'may' fit in there!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Roof rack is an idea. but it's a lot of hassle, IMO. usually I just dump it in the trunk.

Putting down the 40 side of the trunk isn't a bad idea either. I usually don't have to put in a full load, but there are times when it is occupied....hmm....

The problem with the sedan may not be in the SPACE inside the trunk, but more the opening for it.

Maybe I will cram my guitar in there at the dealership :D

"Excuse me. Can I stuff this into that car?"

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just bumping this topic from a LONG time ago.

Anyone have any luck putting the guitar in the back? (without taking down the 40 part of the 60/40 split?

I haven't had a chance to try cuz I test drove the car, but didn't want to go back yet cuz otherwise the sales person may think I wanna buy.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I bet you could do this....

Since the opening for the trunk is probably going to be the limiting factor...not the size of the trunk, you could put it in through the fold down seats and then fold the seats back up in order to seat passengers.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it FITS?! WOW.

Whoa... I got a Fender Strat also (well, a clone) and my carrying case for it is a few inches bigger than the actual guitar.

I like the idea of putting my guitar case on wheels, though ;)

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
Do you have more than one person with you? Why cant you just fold down the rear seats?

I fit a one piece pool cue in the back of my 3.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I dunno. just for utility, I suppose.
There have been times where I've carried 4 passengers in my car before, so I see the need for it. And during those times, I usually have my guitar around.

Just thinking about it, is all :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to pop up an old thread, but could any of you guitar playing hatch owners post a picture of your guitar in the back of the hatch? Just trying to get an idea of the room for my gear.

Many thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Fits my fender and acoustic easily, and my acoustic case is HUGE. I prefer to put my fender strat in the back seat though, it's my baby.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts