Mazda3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the pleasure of finding a new, 8 inches long crack in my 1 month old MZ3 windshield today : driver's side, bottom corner. I parked the car in a heated underground garage for the first time in a while, so I guess a rock hit me a while ago and the crack developed in the heat of the garage.

It's my first car, so I don't really know the way to get this fixed at a low cost. I called my dealer so they could verify that this is not a manufacturing defect. It's not.

Do you guys recommend any good place in Montreal to get this fixed? Should I wait 'till the winter's over?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry to hear that. :(
Hit a pothole maybe. They're nasty this year with the cold weather.
When I had the same thing happened to my Protege last winter my insurance company recommended a few places. I went with Lebeau.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Wouldn't your insurance cover it?? Regardless, any auto glass place can fix you up (Speedy>) - and if you have insurance, I'd report it now.
BTW, might have been vandalism -

·
Registered
314 Posts
But isn't the Mazda3 glass different? I mean there's a light/rain sensor on it? WOuldn't it be better for the dealer to replace it? Or the dealer just contracts it to someone elsE?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Nah, they remove the sensor, replace the windshield and then set back the sensor... :?

My dad's Matrix has the Antena at the top of the windshield and Lebeau did it when his windshield got cracked. No insurance, and its expensive :(

I think its the same... :roll:

Hope everything works out.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My brother tells me that Duro / Lebeau probably won't have MZ3 windshields or probably won't be able to install it properly... I don't want to be their guinea pig, so I think I'll stick with my Mazda dealer (Albi).

I'll know how much this will cost tomorrow.

Insurance : I have that. What I don't know is how this claim will affect my insurance premium next year; my dealer says that if I claim it, it probably will count as a second claim if I have to make a first "real" claim during the year, bumping up my insurance cost next year.

Good grief, I have the feeling that this will be an expensive one... My insurance's deductible on this would be $250.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.