Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got the inlet on friday and installed it on sunday. the install was harder then i thought. i got the battery and everything out of the way so that i can reach to the turbo. took of the stock inlet which was not to hard but lots of things in the way were making somethings difficult. after i got the stock inlet out i thought half of the job is done. but not really. the cpe inlet is bigger then stock so it was a bit harder to fit it in but the hardest part came when i was trying to connect the cpe inlet to the turbo. it was hard because there is not alot of space there and the end of the inlet that connects to the turbo is a perfect fit so it was hard to get it on because one side was just bending in since its made of softer material. but after a couple of tries i finally got it in and i was happy. finally i connected everything and started the car. everything sounded normal nothing wrong with the idle, i let the car warm up and then i took it for a spin. first this that i noticed is that the bov is alot quieter almost like stock, the spool up time is faster and the sound of the turbo is awesome. in the end i think this inlet is well worth the money

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Good to hear. Mine isn't getting here until Thursday but I'm looking forward to putting it on.

·
Registered
596 Posts
does it really make the spool that much louder?? Hard to believe, if so....hmm interesting

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah the spool up is louder and lets you hear the turbo a bit more

·
Registered
708 Posts
You would think so because the stock inlet baffles the sounds. You can't hear anything with that stuff on there.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
you are saying the spool up is louder...aka RPMs climbing up....but then you say the BOV is louder, so when you up shift the whooosh noise is quieter?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
[quote author=steven88 link=topic=135070.msg2907839#msg2907839 date=1233631693]
you are saying the spool up is louder...aka RPMs climbing up....but then you say the BOV is louder, so when you up shift the whooosh noise is quieter?
[/quote]

I think what he said was it went from zooooom psshhh to ZOOOOOM pppsshhh

:lol:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the bov sounds like stock thats for sure. today i was on the highway and it was warm outside and i gave about 50% throttle and i started to spool up next to a guy with a sti with his window open and i got a thumbs up from him that made me realize that its alot louder

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah thats why the bov is quite

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
[quote author=barcainho link=topic=135070.msg2908952#msg2908952 date=1233680162]
yeah thats why the bov is quite
[/quote]

Correct, that would make sense ;)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
im away at school right now plus its too damn cold to drive with the windows open. once the weather gets better ill try get some vids

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Last night I went out to install the CPe inlet and noticed a couple things - first the directions they send are pretty much useless. Looks like most people remove the battery box (myself included) but that's not mentioned. I don't see how you could get the stock inlet out, let alone install the new one with the battery box in. The other thing is the location of the small vacuum inlet port... it's in a different location than stock and my stock line wasn't long enough to reach it, so you may want to have a foot of vacuum line on hand.

·
Registered
13,452 Posts
[quote author=HitIt link=topic=135070.msg2914785#msg2914785 date=1233861768]
Last night I went out to install the CPe inlet and noticed a couple things - first the directions they send are pretty much useless. Looks like most people remove the battery box (myself included) but that's not mentioned. I don't see how you could get the stock inlet out, let alone install the new one with the battery box in. The other thing is the location of the small vacuum inlet port... it's in a different location than stock and my stock line wasn't long enough to reach it, so you may want to have a foot of vacuum line on hand.
[/quote]
+1 I can't belive i forgot to mention that. That was one thing that really pissed me off! I hate buting a product and then needing more supplies.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts