Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Revolution Performance Motorsports is very pleased to announce the release of Custom Performance Engineering's Mazdaspeed 3 turbo-back exhaust system! Made from premium quality "bright annealed" 304 stainless steel, this system is designed to last a lifetime, and produce major power!

Nothing was spared when developing this exhaust system. CPE designed in many features we think our customers will appreciate. Things like high-strength TIG welds in critical areas, and stock-style stamped steel exhaust hangers are a testament to their attention to detail. And you may recognize the exhaust tip they chose for this system. This is the same one that the M3F community members (almost unanimously) chose in message board polls.

CPE's attention to detail paid off when they visited the dyno. With the new turbo-back installed, the Mazdaspeed 3 gained about 30 horsepower and 40 foot-pounds of torque at the wheels. But there’s more to the graphs than just the 'peak gains.' The mid-range is greatly enhanced, and notice how much quicker the power comes on. Less exhaust restriction usually reduces turbo spool-up time, and this case was no exception.

What is arguably the most attractive feature of this exhaust system however, is the sound. CPE sampled many different mufflers and resonators to find the optimal tone and volume that they were looking for. The combination they decided upon literally snarls when you prod the throttle, and runs to redline sound aggressive, but not "ricey" like other systems can be. But, you don’t have to take our word for it as you'll find 3 video clips attached below!

The turbo back kit comes complete with all necessary hardware required for a complete and professional installation.

PRICING

DOWNPIPE
CPE MSRP with no cat: $585 + shipping
RPM Retail with no cat: $544.95 with free shipping
RPM INTRO with no cat: $526.95 with free shipping

CPE MSRP to add high-flow cat: +$152
RPM Price to add high-flow cat: +$140

Order here: http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=419

CAT-BACK
CPE MSRP with no muffler: $606 + shipping
RPM Price with no muffler: $563.95 with free shipping
RPM INTRO with no muffler: $545.95 with free shipping

CPE MSRP to add 12" oval muffler: +$79
RPM Price to add 12" oval muffler: +$74

Order here: http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=418

FULL TURBO-BACK
CPE MSRP with no muffler and no cat: $1191 + shipping
RPM Price with no muffler and no cat: $1107.95 with free shipping
RPM INTRO with no muffler and no cat: $1071.95 with free shipping

Order here: http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=420

ALL INTRO PRICES WILL BE GOOD THROUGH MARCH 7, 2007.

AVAILABILITY

Both products are currently in production and pre-orders will begin shipping in mid-March!

VIDEO CLIPS (with cat-back only installed)
Standing
Takeoff
Driveby

PICTURES (dyno chart with full turbo-back installed)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
you had to go and make me spend another 600 bucks now didn't you? its either a laptop or this.... what a hard decision to make!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol.. By the way, the dyno and videos are of the full turbo-back exhaust system, which includes the cat-back (pictured) and the downpipe (not pictured). I'll work on getting pictures of the downpipe up shortly.

Estimated prices for each part (downpipe/cat-back) will be in the $500-$700 price range depending on whether you want cats, no cats, one muffler, two muffers, no mufflers, etc. So the cost of the full turbo-back will be in the $1100-1400 range. RPM will offer free shipping on all parts, as always!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
First impression on the pipes are nice!

First impression on the dyno was "hmmm."

If i'm reading it correctly ya'll got 231whp on run07 (base dyno i'm assuming) where others have gotten 250whp stock (which is what you got with the exhaust). Hmmm...

Was the dyno done at a warm temp.? Heat soaked car?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Nice! I didn't realize the CPE's TBE would be out so soon. Just to clarify, it is a full 3-inch TB right?

Also, I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but the vid links aren't working...(404 link not found)
Is anybody else experiencing this?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[quote author=Frosty link=topic=69966.msg1218093#msg1218093 date=1171948427]

If i'm reading it correctly ya'll got 231whp on run07 (base dyno i'm assuming) where others have gotten 250whp stock (which is what you got with the exhaust). Hmmm...

[/quote]

I wasn't present for the dyno, so I'm not sure what the climate was like or how hot the car was running. However, it's not really relevant since it's not possible to compare dyno charts that were made on different dynos in different parts of the country. The key here is the difference between the stock run (whatever it might be) and the run with the turbo-back installed.

In other words, if an owner was able to achieve 250whp with a stock car on a certain dyno, that same owner should expect to see 269+ whp with the turbo-back installed on that same dyno.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[quote author=Focused link=topic=69966.msg1218099#msg1218099 date=1171948761]
Nice! I didn't realize the CPE's TBE would be out so soon. Just to clarify, it is a full 3-inch TB right?

Also, I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but the vid links aren't working...(404 link not found)
Is anybody else experiencing this?[/quote]

Yes, it is a full 3-inch turbo-back.

Sorry about the videos. They have been fixed!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
[quote author=falcontx link=topic=69966.msg1218103#msg1218103 date=1171948877]
[quote author=Frosty link=topic=69966.msg1218093#msg1218093 date=1171948427]

[/quote]

I wasn't present for the dyno, so I'm not sure what the climate was like or how hot the car was running. However, it's not really relevant since it's not possible to compare dyno charts that were made on different dynos in different parts of the country. The key here is the difference between the stock run (whatever it might be) and the run with the turbo-back installed.

In other words, if an owner was able to achieve 250whp with a stock car on a certain dyno, that same owner should expect to see 269+ whp with the turbo-back installed on that same dyno.

[/quote]

Hmmm....

Well, regardless of what the numbers say, the gain in the mid rev band is impressive. But more impressively is the gain at the low end. 50whp at 3000rpm!!! Wow!!!

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
this car is so not gonna be good for my wallet :(

·
Registered
177 Posts
Go to the CP-E website and check the intake dyno's...they didn't re-dyno the car stock the same day the exhaust was put on, they just re-used the same stock dyno sheet they used for the intake.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
I'm confused, you say this is turbo back but your website says cat back. Which is it? I already have the test pipe so I wouldn't be able to use this right? Or is there an exhaust from the 2nd cat back?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Power comes on earlier, but falls off sooner... or am I not reading that correctly?

So when do we see a Dyno including a CAI with this set-up :D

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
[quote author=falcontx link=topic=69966.msg1218064#msg1218064 date=1171947045]

30 horsepower and 40 foot-pounds of torque at the wheels.

is that with just the turbo back....or with the down pipe as well???

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
This isn't fair. I was supposed to not be spending money on this car as it was fast already......

·
Registered
612 Posts
[quote author=brecker link=topic=69966.msg1218352#msg1218352 date=1171979376]
So when do we see a Dyno including a CAI with this set-up :D
[/quote]

+1

·
Registered
612 Posts
"MazdaSPEED3 3" SS Cat Back System Custom Performance Engineering is very pleased to announce the release of our MazdaSPEED3 turbo back exhaust system!"{directly from CP-e website}

Okay, so seeing this is directly off of the CP-e website, is anyone else confused? If that is the full system, I am in, but if they are only selling the cb, not so interested. Pretty sure the dynos are the full system, and I would want it all!!!!

:metalcord: :irock: :metalcord:

·
Registered
280 Posts
The system looks nice and the numbers it put up are great..But im not that taken by the sound. I think I might be sticking with my Turbo XS race-pipe and the down pipe when i comes out, and keep the cat back stock..To me, I like the deeper, thicker sound, that my car has now...The CP-E was a bit on the ragged side....

1 - 20 of 179 Posts