Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ready to ship in 1-2 weeks is the...

CPE 3" Catback Exhaust System for the Mazdaspeed 3!!

Info:
The MAZDASPEED 3 Catback Exhaust System allows for optimal flow and minimal back pressure, which is the key to any turbo powered car. Knowing this, Custom Performance Engineering set out to engineer a MAZDASPEED3 Catback Exhaust System that features smooth mandrel bends and a muffler designed to minimize backpressure and promote faster spool up. The dyno-proven results of this effort speak for themselves, with a broad increase of horsepower and torque across the entire operating range of the engine.

The MAZDASPEED 3 Catback Exhaust System is manufactured using polished 304 stainless steel. All tubing is made in the USA by the premier pipe manufacturer, RathGibson, and designed to last the life of the car.

Muffler Options
12" Oval Muffler: Make your exhaust quieter with the 12" muffler or opt out and have it straight pipe and loud.
6" Quad Core Muffler Axelback Section: The axelback section of the exhaust has the option to be straight pipe, 6" muffler welded in, or a 6" muffler section that is bolt-on and removable. The bolt-on/removable option will include two axelback sections, one with the 6" muffler and one without the 6" muffler.

The 12" Oval muffler was specifically designed for this application and is fabricated by hand in the USA. It is also constructed of 304 stainless steel, inside and out. Please note the quality of the ½” locking stainless steel hangers, and the stainless steel bolts, nuts and washers. Just like the rest of our products, CPE has paid very close attention to the quality of materials and craftsmanship, yielding a product that we are proud to make, and you will be happy to own the MAZDASPEED 3 CP-E Exhaust Components.

Catback kit includes 3” tubing, optional 12" Oval muffler, optional axelback 6" muffler, stainless steel band clamp, and gasket for stock downpipe.

Photos, dynos and sounds clips to come soon!!!

To Pre-Order and view more information go to the product page:
http://www.streetunit.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MMAS3CBE

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pre-Order Now or Add your name to the List!!!!

You may Pre-Order through StreetUnit.com without paying until the item is ready to ship by selecting Pay-Offline as the payment method option.

Feel free to call, email or PM any of us if you have any questions.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
dang, nice options.. hard to decide!!! :D

·
Registered
355 Posts
Very interested, looking forawrd to pics, dyno and soundclip first though!!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Need pics, sound clips, dyno sheets, everything. :D :D :D :D
What kind of gains are we talkin? Also on the 12" Oval Muffler is this quiter than the stock Mazdaspeed system?
One other thing to post, sound level of CP-e options vs. stock system with doors and windows closed .... :D :D :D

Can you order the 12"oval AND the 6" quad core together for an even quieter system? Thanks!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Will the quieter one loose performance? I'm just curious. And as asked above, will it be quieter than stock or somewhere in between?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=flyrevs link=topic=69436.msg1205574#msg1205574 date=1171410773]
What kind of gains are we talkin? Also on the 12" Oval Muffler is this quiter than the stock Mazdaspeed system?
One other thing to post, sound level of CP-e options vs. stock system with doors and windows closed .... :D :D :D

Can you order the 12"oval AND the 6" quad core together for an even quieter system? Thanks!
[/quote]

Yes sir, you can order the 12" and 6" together. The two mufflers are located on differect sections of the exhaust allowing you to run one or the other or both.

·
Registered
493 Posts
[quote author=flyrevs link=topic=69436.msg1205574#msg1205574 date=1171410773]

[/quote]

yeah pics are needed.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Once we receive them, we will post the pics! I cannot wait!

·
Registered
756 Posts
[quote author=raiderms3 link=topic=69436.msg1206698#msg1206698 date=1171451468]
Once we receive them, we will post the pics! I cannot wait!
[/quote]

Could you post multiple pictures with the different arrangements/options layed down in sequence, including a close up on the exhaust tip?

·
Registered
355 Posts
dont forget dyno an soundclip!!

thats what will sell this exhaust system for ya.

·
Registered
906 Posts
[quote author=tvissues link=topic=69436.msg1217178#msg1217178 date=1171919633]
question, if I already have a "race pipe" installed, will i have to remove it to install this cat-back? thanks,
tv
[/quote]

No. Your race pipe does not change the location of the stock exhaust, why would it have an effect on the CPE one......

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
the original post includes this,

Catback kit includes 3” tubing, optional 12" Oval muffler, optional axelback 6" muffler, stainless steel band clamp, and gasket for stock downpipe.
do they mean a gasket for the 2nd cat and back or the down pipe and back, two very different things!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hmmmm, you can add me for now. And I can decide later. I would like to see this catback with a downpipe combo. The results and sounds looked good. So we shall see...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts