Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes its another one of these posts, I just wanted to try help anyone that may of got the new machined batch of these like I did. I was reading the instructions today "contoured side of the mount faces down" now i looked at it for about 5min and couldn't figure out which was which. So I called cp-e and spoke to Jordan he told me they need to fix the instructions as now the "cp-e" logo is the considered the contoured side and it faces down

Figured this may help someone, so this side faces down

·
Registered
361 Posts
mmmm shiny.

good info to know for anyone out there. It's usually the little things like that that hold you up on the install!

·
Registered
13,452 Posts
[quote author=Monkey_3 link=topic=138137.msg2979258#msg2979258 date=1236318934]
I'm jealous i ordered mine in June 2008 and i still haven't received it yet. =(
[/quote]
ROFL. I don't think you are still getting it. I would call Jordan up.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=Monkey_3 link=topic=138137.msg2979258#msg2979258 date=1236318934]
I'm jealous i ordered mine in June 2008 and i still haven't received it yet. =(
[/quote]

really don't feel bad I ordered mine in July 08 and was contacted March 3 that it would be shipped arrived on 05 lol
However I would figure your order would be filled before mine, probably a different company I ordered through SU

·
Registered
98 Posts
[quote author=BoOdOg link=topic=138137.msg2977658#msg2977658 date=1236275119]
Yes its another one of these posts, I just wanted to try help anyone that may of got the new machined batch of these like I did. I was reading the instructions today "contoured side of the mount faces down" now i looked at it for about 5min and couldn't figure out which was which. So I called cp-e and spoke to Jordan he told me they need to fix the instructions as now the "cp-e" logo is the considered the contoured side and it faces down

Figured this may help someone, so this side faces down

[/quote]

WOW! THANK YOU!, I Got the same mount yesterday :)! and I WAS wondering the same thing... actually I was about to start emailing CPE... the instructions mention about a contoured side, even looking at some pictures on the other forum you can see that side... but mine is a flat!... I haven't installed it yet... tho...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well my friend just finished installing the cpe mount on the car, fairly easy tho we dint use the instructions ... :lol: Vibes are there but they feel like good vibes... its like now I feel when the engine revs on my body :) I don't launch the car very often... only twice since I bought the car... so I can't really talk about wheel hop because I have not experience it yet... neither I have spent more than 10 miles on the car to talk about how better it feels... but let me tell you the little I drove it home , it felt good :) ill update more later with some pics...

Also

CPE needs to update their instructions... some of the required tools are repeated (just a typo) its just weird and kinda no so professional but oh well I'm happy so far.

·
Registered
52 Posts
LOL, this thread is exactly how my last few days have gone:

Got a cp-e mount: Check
Could not figure out which way was down: Check
Thinking how messed up the instructions were: Check
Having terrible messed up issues from PG on getting simple parts: Check

·
Registered
100 Posts
i just installed mine yesterday...

just a question with the vibes, i don't get any on idle but if you rev it a bit you get some vibes is that normal??? and what does it mean by breaking in the mount?

you should see my stock mount, its all cracked right around the bolt hole... :shock:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Since the CPE mount is harder and its filled all the way, not like the stock that has a gap, you should expect vibes, its normal, it is not going to feel like stock, thats why it has that gap in there, to prevent vibes.... etc... By breaking in the mount we mean that it will take a few hundred miles for the vibes to settle down to a lower level, think about when you buy a car brand new... you have to drive it like a granny for the first 3K miles so the engine can break in ... lol hopefully somebody can give you a better explanation... :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
ok so do i take it easy for a few hundred miles or just drive it normal? And by normal i mean give it a nice squirt every now and then..

·
Registered
219 Posts
I can't think of any reason not to drive it like normal.

In regards to the granny method of engine break-in; babying an engine is the worst way to break it in.

Once the motor is warm it needs to see a wide variety of rpm and load. By having this variation in load and having both high pressure in the chamber and also vacuum from engine breaking you're able to ensure a much more complete seal around the rings and produce greater power while having better longevity.

·
Registered
98 Posts
[quote author=aero_student link=topic=138137.msg2984067#msg2984067 date=1236636843]
I can't think of any reason not to drive it like normal.

In regards to the granny method of engine break-in; babying an engine is the worst way to break it in.

Once the motor is warm it needs to see a wide variety of rpm and load. By having this variation in load and having both high pressure in the chamber and also vacuum from engine breaking you're able to ensure a much more complete seal around the rings and produce greater power while having better longevity.
[/quote]

Well if you are right I guess I did good in breaking in my engine after that 1000 miles short trip :)

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
its good to give it a good hard pull or two within the first 100 miles or so, just make sure its fully warmed up before doing so...like a 10~15 minute drive just to make sure

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
My CPe mount is from the original batch and damnit it doesn't have the pretty engraved logo on it. Seems like they could say "CPe logo faces down or something" , but the contoured thing refers to the actual bushing if memory serves.

CPe instructions need some serious help. You should see the one they give you for the inlet. It's like it's missing a page or two.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got to install this last night, didn't take any time. It's great I have very little to no vibes at idle so much less I dont notice anymore actually feels like less than it did with my stock mount+insert.

Car feels better and wheel hop is down alot. I did notice my stock mount was starting to get squashed it seemed so glad I got rid of it. Thanks cp-e!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
[quote author=Monkey_3 link=topic=138137.msg2980062#msg2980062 date=1236406444]
Yeah i ordered through PG but appearantly they had problems getting stock in before other companies. 0_0
[/quote]

WOW,

We have he Medieval dogbone mount in stock for $59 and I have 2 of there alum version mounts powder coated black also in stock

1 - 20 of 20 Posts