Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just built my box for a 10" woofer. Sanded all smooth, but wandering what to do to finish it. I HATE carpeting boxes and since this one is small I need all but the bottom to be perfect. Someone suggested vinyl, isn't that just as hard as carpet. I was thinking of sanding, adding some body filler, sanding, primer filler, sanding, base coat, and then some Fleckstone or a high gloss black. I might do the fleckstone since it looks to be more forgiving than the gloss black. What do you guys think or suggest?

---Herb---

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Vinyling is a nightmare, compared to carpet. Another alternative to carpet, is truck bed liner. It gives a smooth, plastic kind of look it to and can be sprayed again in any color you wish.

You can find it at any auto parts store or WalMart. The company that makes it is called Duplicolor.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vaBooM said:
Vinyling is a nightmare, compared to carpet. Another alternative to carpet, is truck bed liner. It gives a smooth, plastic kind of look it to and can be sprayed again in any color you wish.

You can find it at any auto parts store or WalMart. The company that makes it is called Duplicolor.
Thanks I think I might try that, sounds like that won't need as much prep work as regular spray paint.

---Herb---

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Its somewhat buildable spray, but I would smooth out the box first before using it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts