Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started the car with a remote, unlocked it, jumped in and drove away. Got to school, parked, pulled the door handle from inside. NOTHING happened. Locked, unlocked, pull the handle and still couldn't get out. I finally got out of the vehicle by rolling down the window and pulling the handle from outside. Drove it to the stealership, still had to pull the handle from outside. They took it in, and while I was sitting in the RX-8, the tech came and asked..."So what's wrong with your car?". Took me into the shop, and it just worked, there's nothing to fix. So I drove it home.

Question, what would cause something like this? I hope this does not happen again because that'd be a safety issue. Say, if it's too damn cold that the door freezes, how could I open it from outside?

The guy said it might be my "Aftermarket" remote's problem. That's why I posted here, although I don't think that's the problem, this topic doesn't seem to fit into anywhere.

Yes, go ahead & blame everything on "Aftermarket" parts, Mazda. They didn't offer remote start back in 2003, so I guess it was my fault that I bought an aftermarket one. Maybe next time they'll say my aftermarket grille and spoiler voided my warranty or something.

·
Registered
185 Posts
it's hapened to me sometime with aftermaket alarm system. i cant open the passenger door sometime.It looks like something wrong with install

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[quote author=-Mazda3GT- link=topic=69344.msg1205218#msg1205218 date=1171403510]
it's hapened to me sometime with aftermaket alarm system. i cant open the passenger door sometime.It looks like something wrong with install
[/quote]

I had an aftermarket alarm, too. But I never had this problem before. Even if the alarm is screwed up, how come I cannot open door with the stock unlock button?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[quote author=automaticman link=topic=69344.msg1210324#msg1210324 date=1171576602]
what about of you physically push the unlock lever with your hand? How about the factory power lock switch in the door?
[/quote]

None of them worked. That's why I didn't think it was the problem of the aftermarket alarm.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Pull the door cover off and inspect the cables and just about everything connected to the lock mechanism. A pinch or loose wire, anything out of the ordinary. Also get in touch with aftermarket alarm installer and "try" to get some ideas how it went in. Otherwise your just going to have a dealership tech do the same as it will not likely happen in the dealership bay as chance might have it. Good way to learn how to become a do-it-yourselfer since door panel removal is simple (2 screws and some careful pulling) and you wont have to do much to see whats wrong.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[quote author=Lukydog link=topic=69344.msg1213502#msg1213502 date=1171695094]
Pull the door cover off and inspect the cables and just about everything connected to the lock mechanism. A pinch or loose wire, anything out of the ordinary. Also get in touch with aftermarket alarm installer and "try" to get some ideas how it went in. Otherwise your just going to have a dealership tech do the same as it will not likely happen in the dealership bay as chance might have it. Good way to learn how to become a do-it-yourselfer since door panel removal is simple (2 screws and some careful pulling) and you wont have to do much to see whats wrong.
[/quote]

Will do, when I install the tweeters :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts