Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering for those who had a new windshield put in, how much it was installed?

Due to a rock chip and cold/warm/cold weather, I have now a very long crack towards the bottom of mine. It's not really in my line of vision, but enough to land me a ticket if the cop was to feel it necessary. Come spring, I will prob have it replaced. I just would like an idea before I start looking for a place to do it.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
It's less than I was expecting so I was fine paying it.

Add a zero deductible on glass replacement to your insurance policy and you'll never be stuck buying one again. Doing so for me added $4 per month to my policy.

·
Banned
487 Posts
[quote author=danielj link=topic=138195.msg2978876#msg2978876 date=1236307566]
It's less than I was expecting so I was fine paying it.

Add a zero deductible on glass replacement to your insurance policy and you'll never be stuck buying one again. Doing so for me added $4 per month to my policy.
[/quote]

+1 i payed nothing...i was behind a ford f-150 last year and he flung a rock cracking the windshiled the size of a half dollar in my line of sight....

·
Registered
879 Posts
in Florida, is a part of your insurance if you have comp coverage I believe. they will fix it free (if crack or chip is less than a dollar bill in size.

·
Registered
14,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=saluteTOme link=topic=138195.msg2978841#msg2978841 date=1236306803]
Just wondering for those who had a new windshield put in, how much it was installed?

Due to a rock chip and cold/warm/cold weather, I have now a very long crack towards the bottom of mine. It's not really in my line of vision, but enough to land me a ticket if the cop was to feel it necessary. Come spring, I will prob have it replaced. I just would like an idea before I start looking for a place to do it.
[/quote]

·
Registered
134 Posts
I try and fix the cracks when I get them in my car, but this last one I got just wouldn't stop after using the crack repairer on it. Since it's not totally in my line of sight and I rarely drive my car anymore since I have a company truck I'm just leaving it until it gets very bad.

·
Registered
67 Posts
[quote author=danielj link=topic=138195.msg2978861#msg2978861 date=1236307279]
I paid $225 a couple months ago
[/quote]
I paid $265.00 1-month ago. 1st quote was for 500.00! I thought the high price was due to
rain sensing wipers option. Do you have rain sensors & was this a national chain you got this price?
Just wondering just in case I run into this issue again! Oh, plus the aftermarket window came with
in glass tint strip where as the factory glass did not (and eliminated an annoying squeak from the
window somewhere).

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
I do not have rain sensing wipers and had mine installed via a local chain.

Really, everyone should have a zero glass breakage deductible. The cost of 1 windshield would have paid for a couple decades of coverage.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Yes, I have State Farm. I had zero on glass on my last car and failed to check the box on this car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts