Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I was being sarcastic. It looks like shit. Sorry, you guys know I donlt swear but that car is too tall, too narrow and with too mahy body panels glued on to make it "sporty" supposedly.

I still don't think it will have steering feel and flat cornering as the Protege does...

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Toyota has an image problem. When I think Camry and Corolla, I think "grandma and grandpa." Both of my grandparnets drive one. My boss who is 65 drives one. Corolla is not "sporty" by any means, even with the XRS trim. That's just like Mercury making a Grand Marquis become a Marauder. It's still a Grand Marquis.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
SWEETNESS! I like it a lot, actually.

Sorry guys, but I like Toyotas :) My 80s Corolla is a piece of junk, but I love it to death ^_^

Now they got a performance XRS version?! SWEETNESS!!!!
The S Corolla was a wimpy excuse for a car.
But THIS is what I've been waiting for!!

However, if they keep their super high price, I'm stickin' with a Mazda.

·
Registered
40 Posts
dugrant153 said:
SWEETNESS! I like it a lot, actually.

Sorry guys, but I like Toyotas :) My 80s Corolla is a piece of junk, but I love it to death ^_^

Now they got a performance XRS version?! SWEETNESS!!!!
The S Corolla was a wimpy excuse for a car.
But THIS is what I've been waiting for!!

However, if they keep their super high price, I'm stickin' with a Mazda.
Actually the price for Corolla vs Mazda 3 is very identical. A MZ3 or protege may even be more expensive than a Corolla (CE @ $19400 dealer price) with the identical options.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Ya know what... sadly i see the Matrix XRS to be near identical to the Corolla.

They gotta remake the whole Corolla/Matrix/MR2 series. Year by year.. they keep lookin' like ass

·
Registered
452 Posts
still...is a corolla!!!!
Mz3 is gonna kick its ass....
Mz3 is lighter...way bigger engine...more torque than the 1.8L
"Torque gets u going....HP keeps u going"
if u can't get going.......how can u keep going... :lol:

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
BUT:

What about the chassis and suspension to carry it in the corners and the brakes to stop it???

Some people forget that fun to drive requires more than gimmicks (6spd MT instead of 5spd) and 0-60 #s...

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
It's still a Corolla but with some ugly aero kit. I didn't know that they jacked the car up for you :lol: j/k.....seriously.......the ground clearance is high and it's ugly. Did I mention that it's ugly?

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Most mainstream passenger cars are "elevated" these days. They sit much higher than they used to. Probably a response to the increasing presence of SUVs on the road :(.

Mazda does the same with the Mz3, it's just that they pull off the effect far more succesfully through great styling.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Doesn't Toyota make you sign an extra contract, promising to "Jack" at least 5 cars per month on the road? Haven't you noticed everytime you get cut off, its a Corrola or Camry? Its true!! They are the WORST drivers, those damn toyotas.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts