Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I just had an idea and I want any opinions or general experience with corksports fmic. I personally don't like the way they set up the air intake, all the heat from the engine rises and gets sucked into the engine. So, most auto stores have spectre performance intake parts that you can use to build your own intake. You could cut the pipe that goes to the intake on top of the engine and route it downward with some of the parts from spectre and put a cone filter on it. It would suck up more cold air and clean up the top of your engine bay too. And if you bought an AEM bypass valve it would prevent you from sucking water into your engine.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
[quote author=arteycarguy89 link=topic=134166.msg2884735#msg2884735 date=1232692359]
wow didnt know that, thanks
[/quote]

Thats ok, sorry for shitting on your idea. But the turbo's suction will rip that bypass filter apart. you will fuck up your turbo.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
[quote author=arteycarguy89 link=topic=134166.msg2887265#msg2887265 date=1232780300]
is there a big difference in performance between a short ram and a full cold air intake?
[/quote]

Just my opinion but, do some searching/reading up on your car and the available products before buying anything, and I am making the assumption you intend to buy something. Your post seems a little unenlightened, not trying to be rude, peoples suggestions may be more helpfull when you have more information.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts