Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The all time favorite color for majority of people (Titanium Grey Metallic) vs. the HOt Brand new Color of 2006 (Copper Red Mica)

Pros Cons

Copper Red Stands out 5-0 alert!
New color gets NOticebly dirty than Tit. Grey

Titanium Grey Old school fav. everyone has this damn color!!
dirt doens't seem-
THAt noticeble

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
15,653 Posts
Along with the noticable factor the copper red goes through a pretty big color change spectrum depending on what light it's in. In dim light or on a cloudy day it's very maroonish, but in bright sun it looks very bright/sparkly. A lot like a lava orange with a bunch of red added. My orange purchase was justified on the way to the dealer by the number of gray and blue cars I saw during the drive, and the scarcity of orange ones.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I had a 2004 Titanium Gray hatch, was interested in the Cooper Red and went to see one of the first ones in Southern Calfornia but didn't really care much for the color but the White Water Pearl caught my eye and that's what I bought.....

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[quote author=RoadWarrior link=topic=32015.msg449868#msg449868 date=1130046152]
I had a 2004 Titanium Gray hatch, was interested in the Cooper Red and went to see one of the first ones in Southern Calfornia but didn't really care much for the color but the White Water Pearl caught my eye and that's what I bought.....
[/quote]

I heard that costs more, but its worth it i guess... heh

is it Purrrty? show us pics if you could please ! thank yous :p

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[quote author=MZ3MadMax link=topic=32015.msg449817#msg449817 date=1130043385]
I went to the dealer to buy a Ti Gray or Strato Blue Sedan S ...  I drove out in a Copper-Red 5 door ... :D
[/quote]

hows the tranny on the 06 models? do they ride smoothly? have they been updated?

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
All these colors pale in comparison to the Black Cherry color that comes on the Shinka RX-8s. Freaking gorgeous!

But I'll stick with my tried and true Tit. Grey, for now. :D

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I think both colors look very hot, depends on how much flash you want to the car. Like you said, the copper red is sure to turn heads. I love the ti grey because it soooo sparkley and I always wanted a silver car.

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
Age-old debate... flashy vs classy lol

I wanted strato blue, but the only thing in the state with the options I wanted was ti-grey. (would've waited, but my old car was heading downhill fast)
I went with my second choice, and haven't regretted it for a second. though I do get a little jealous when I see a lava orange hatch

To make this post worthwhile, I'll toss in some advice for peolpe facing this decision: Check out the mods you may want to do... what kind of rims do you like? Will you tint the windows? etc. Some of those peripheral choices might help you narrow down the main one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
As the proud owner of a new Copper Red saloon, I couldn't be happier with my colour choice. 2nd choice would have been Titanium, but everyone has this. The previous comments the change of colour in different light is correct. The differences can be quite stark. I was driving in the mid afternoon when I saw a "gold" vehicle, only to realise it was actually Copper Red, just like mine.
Very cool. It does gather dust quite quickly however, and I'm going to have to stay on top of the washing and waxing to keep it pristine.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[quote author=Zoom05 link=topic=32015.msg461783#msg461783 date=1130898278]
As the proud owner of a new Copper Red saloon, I couldn't be happier with my colour choice.  2nd choice would have been Titanium, but everyone has this.  The previous comments the change of colour in different light is correct.  The differences can be quite stark.  I was driving in the mid afternoon when I saw a "gold" vehicle, only to realise it was actually Copper Red, just like mine.
Very cool. It does gather dust quite quickly however, and I'm going to have to stay on top of the washing and waxing to keep it pristine.
[/quote]

thanx for the reply, would you be so kind as to provide us with some pics of your car? perhaps basking in the sun... nude. thank you :lol:

·
Registered
15,653 Posts
[quote author=de_n00b link=topic=32015.msg466914#msg466914 date=1131258671]

thanx for the reply, would you be so kind as to provide us with some pics of your car? perhaps basking in the sun... nude. thank you :lol:
[/quote]

Hold on. Do you want pics of the car nude, or him? :huh:

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[quote author=icspots link=topic=32015.msg467041#msg467041 date=1131285496]
[quote author=de_n00b link=topic=32015.msg466914#msg466914 date=1131258671]

thanx for the reply, would you be so kind as to provide us with some pics of your car?  perhaps basking in the sun... nude.  thank you :lol:
[/quote]

Hold on.  Do you want pics of the car nude, or him?  :huh:
[/quote]

im talking about the SEXY HOT NEW SPARKLY Mz3 Copper Red you SILLY!

i would like to feast me eyes on its voluptuous stylish BODY frame, its HIGH INTENSITY reflective HEADLIGHTS, its SHAVED stainless steel exhaust tube, its glowing spark in the sun, and its Majestic stature over all other econo vehicles in its class. yes... this is the one, the ONLY Mazda 3 Copper red.

so if anyone has any pics of the car glowing in the sun please post them... thank you

1 - 16 of 16 Posts