Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings

My first post here so maybe I'll say a lil bit about myself. I'm a noob (since average knowledge just doesn't cut it around here) with a 3 week old 07 silver S Touring. I'll put her picture at the end of this post.
Back on the topic; I'm looking into installing a CAI on my new baby but I am wondering if the '06 material will be compatible. The websites I've been looking at don't seem to have anything compatible for 07 models but I don't think that is due to incompatibility.
I'm looking for functionality and it looks like main ones out there are Ingen and AEM and they're both similar in price. Now assuming that 06 CAIs are compatible, what brand would be better?
And one last thing; who do you guys recommend I should do business with?

Here's the right out of the dealer picture of my baby before I had my tints installed (sorry for bad cellphone picture quality):

Funky

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
the cai for the 06's should fit the 07's as well. As far as I know, there wasn't any changes to the engine bay.

·
Registered
128 Posts
It should fit. I have a 2004 sport. Blew my engine and just had an 07 engine installed. My Injen bolted up just as it did on my 04 engine. My vibrant exhaust fit too.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad to hear that. Now which brand would you guys suggest? I don't need it to get too loud, I'm just looking for functionality.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lets ad the F2 intake to this thread too.
Now seriously, why do so many people have picked AEM intakes and others picked Injen ones while a real small # of people have F2, eventhough it seems like F2 gives the best performance?
What is really the deciding factor between all of these?

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
my vote is for the F2, no cels and nice gains.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any recommendations on where I should get it from?

Just out of curiosity, since F2's such a trouble free and nice performing CAI, why doesn't everybody have one?

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
i ask that myself.

it's the best intake that will continue to deliver as you further modifiy your car. if you get into in depth mods like inake manifold and engine work, it's really going to show it's true value.

people get so worried about their low end performance but the difference is 1 or 2hp. when i race, whether it's track or road course, i spend most of my time above 4k rpms.

call ricardo at f2cars.com and order from him. he's always been good to me when i had my focus.

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
sport compact industries, jeard will hook you up.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Some people (like me) got the Fujita because Jerad told me to get that and not the F2 since I have an ATX and should get more low end torque from the Fujita.

Also, the Fujita came with a nice hat, duffel bag, and extra filter. :)

I figure that if you upgrade to forced induction, you will end up selling your F2 or Fujita... The F2's upgradeability works for people that want to stay naturally aspirated.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine's an MTX, but I wont be racing much or driving it at the higher end of my tac all the time. Gotta watch my pocket too, so do any of these CAIs give you that performance increase all the way around the tac?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
i think simota has a CAI now, bean tested it and it looked promising

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
The smaller diameter CAI's will give you low end torque, and the F2 will give you more power over 4k....just my opinion after owning both the K&N and F2.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I guess I'm gonna have to stick on the same'ol Injen and AEM, and possibly simota's. Anybody know how these compare?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just got an 07 GT and am considering the cai also - wondering why you would not consider the Mazdaspeed version? Will not void your warranty since its from Mazda - and claims to deliver the same HP as these aftermarket parts??

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[quote author=carbon GT link=topic=65799.msg1130454#msg1130454 date=1167800081]
Just got an 07 GT and am considering the cai also - wondering why you would not consider the Mazdaspeed version? Will not void your warranty since its from Mazda - and claims to deliver the same HP as these aftermarket parts??
[/quote]

Not a bad idea, but why would any of these void my warranty on anything other than the intake itself?

Anyways, do you have a link to the Mazdaspeed version? Also, any idea on how much it would be?

·
Registered
513 Posts
no intake will viod the warr. only if thats the source of the prob will it even if it is mazdaspeeds good old stuff

i head a lot poeple want the f2 but its almost impossible to get but who knows i want and hopefully am gettin the f2 :D :D

·
Registered
527 Posts
[quote author=mamock116 link=topic=65799.msg1130347#msg1130347 date=1167796321]
i think simota has a CAI now, bean tested it and it looked promising
[/quote]

yes they do. Simple CAI with a very small diameter and small filter. I installed one on a sedan. The guy seems happy.

·
Registered
513 Posts
[/quote]

also mazdaspeed stuff is way over priced

·
Registered
527 Posts
[quote author=mazda225 link=topic=65799.msg1130519#msg1130519 date=1167803694]
[/quote]

also mazdaspeed stuff is way over priced
[/quote]

depends if you know where to get them from. But the Mazdaspeed CAI and Catback are actually cheaper.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts