Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my car, and it was the only manual... but it was full standard... I'm wondering how to change that, power windows, and power locks... and as much more as I can do to make my car all that more enjoyable... I would appreciate the assitance.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
[quote author=DUCK link=topic=134290.msg2886923#msg2886923 date=1232766900]
I bought my car, and it was the only manual... but it was full standard... I'm wondering how to change that, power windows, and power locks... and as much more as I can do to make my car all that more enjoyable... I would appreciate the assitance.
[/quote]

Trade it in? :p

Easiest way would be to find complete doors and do a full swap.

Otherwise you're going to have to get door panels, switches, wiring, regulators, motors, relays, etc.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but, a full swap would cause problems with the lock?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
[quote author=DUCK link=topic=134290.msg2886942#msg2886942 date=1232767302]
but, a full swap would cause problems with the lock?
[/quote]

... what?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are you talk about using a full door, or just taking the parts, because if I use a full door, I wont be able to unlock my car with my key...

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
[quote author=DUCK link=topic=134290.msg2886972#msg2886972 date=1232768100]
are you talk about using a full door, or just taking the parts, because if I use a full door, I wont be able to unlock my car with my key...
[/quote]

.... again, what?

You just change the lock cylinders out...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Power windows would be much harder than power locks. The power locks would require modules inside each door, but the door panels wouldn't have to change. You would also need a module inside the dash to activate the locks.

Chances are it will be the cost of the parts that will be prohibitive. Genrally, these parts cost several times as much as they did when Mazda assembled the car. Part of this extra cost is due to all of the warehousing expense, but it is also a huge profit maker too.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
i would add the locks on but skip the windows. An aftermarket lock actuator will usually be $20-40 a piece and install is generally in the $60 range. You will also at the minimum need a keyless entry module to control them. Keep in mind our car uses cable locks, so look for an actuator designed with these in mind.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts