Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you think they will sell conversion kits that will retro-fit your non mazdaspeed 3? Or do you think there is a better possibility of pimping out the 3 to be faster than the Mazdaspeed version.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
With time, there'll be a lot of mods that you can do for the 3. Turboes, Intakes, Exhausts, Chips to make the 3 faster.

Although keep in mind that Mazdaspeed works wonders with the cars they put their hands on, and the products they apply to any Mazda are usually well suited for the car. They don't quite fashion their cars to be the fastest on the road either.

As far as conversion kits are concerned. You'll probably be able to order one through a Mazdaspeed dealer once they have them out.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mazda kits

that makes a good statement that I have not thought about yet, the MS proto has MAD cornering skills, but lacks straightaway punch .....IMO of course.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
teklis said:
do you think they will sell conversion kits that will retro-fit your non mazdaspeed 3? Or do you think there is a better possibility of pimping out the 3 to be faster than the Mazdaspeed version.
Mazdaspeed's goal is to put out a production line car that is tuned in every way. The suspension, to the wheels to the look. It all comes together.

Besides.. modding is about making your car unique. If I waited and bought a MS3, or if its even suppose to come out, Id rip the body kit and wheels off to slap on another set. Why? I dont want to look like the little punk from the rich neighborhood to look like me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
punk rich bastid

Dually noted, I hate seeing those prick a$$ mofos driving cars they didnt earn, ......I admit it, I was once one of those kids, had a 1991 Red z28 for my first car, but dam I worked my arse off with my dad, so I guess I didnt get it all for free, buddy of mine saw some 16 yr old around our area driving a mazerati...........I quote his reaction " THanks dad!"

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Most of the kids at my school are exactly as you described, driving brand new bimmers and the like. Of course, they usually end up in trees anyway...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahhh the trees

I dunno bout where you guys live, but as of late I have been seeing those roadside crosses with someone's name with flowers and the like all to offen. Seems like these kids with the expensive cars end up as guardrail fodder.

·
Registered
4 Posts
6 speed problems...

The problem with making a conversion kit would be that if they added an extra forward cog making the tranny a 6 speed or the rumor of awd coming true, there is no way that a conversion kit would be possible, and even if the mazdaspeed version wasn't such a drastic change like adding a turbo and suspension kit like on the protege, they most likely wouldn't make a conversion kit just cause they would want people to trade in there 3 or buy another one. But if most of you are like me, which i pray you are not ( I'd hate you if you were like me, I'm so annoying sometimes :D ) you don't have the money or ability to buy another new Mazda! I really hope Mazda doesn't forget about us "regular" mazda's out there and gives us a Mazdaspeed upgrade option, I definitely wouldn't feel so left out after that!! btw sorry about the length that was just building up inside waiting to get out!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts