Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know why the climate contol is made up of 5 buttons in this picture

whiles its a dile in this one

·
Registered
272 Posts
The top picture is Auto climate control (not available for N/A)

The bottom is manual climate control (all N/A-spec Mazda3)

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
What do the dashes in between the "mode" functions function as ( in the manual CC) ? In the pic the dial is pointed between "feet/vent" and "feet". Does that mean there is a slight air bias toward the "feet"? I thought you would only be able to set the dial on one of the functions/pictograms themselves.

·
Registered
34 Posts
"What do the dashes in between the "mode" functions function as ( in the manual CC) ? In the pic the dial is pointed between "feet/vent" and "feet". Does that mean there is a slight air bias toward the "feet"? I thought you would only be able to set the dial on one of the functions/pictograms themselves."
lmp180psu - yes, it's like putting it halfway between the two settings. Makes for a good range of options. Also, the temperature setting is biased towards warmer on the feet. I like it.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Personally, I have not completely figured out the climate controls. From what I ahve experienced, the line inbetween selections yields no air. Plus I have found one of my clicks on the dial to be soft, almost worn. My final issue is about the recirculate vs. outside air button. If you put the button on recirculate and then switch your zone from "floor" to "floor/vent" and back to "floor" (or similar pattern), the air source button automatically switches to outside air when you go back to floor. Anyone else experience this, and is it normal?

Craig

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
TellyDSP said:
If you put the button on recirculate and then switch your zone from "floor" to "floor/vent" and back to "floor" (or similar pattern), the air source button automatically switches to outside air when you go back to floor. Anyone else experience this, and is it normal?

Craig
Yep! VERY normal on modern cars. Sometimes annoying, but there's not much you can do.

·
Registered
34 Posts
TellyDSP - I have not had the problems you have. The areas between the character markings (i.e. the lines) do work. For the recirculate/outside are stuff - check out the owners manual. It relates to defrosting/defogging. Won't allow you to use recirculate on those areas. Even turns on the A/C if you have on the Defrost system. Explained more in the manual

·
Registered
98 Posts
so stupid...why isnt the climate control offered here. i mean N/A (maybe USA alone) should be first on the list with any of these neat features. i dont like those "dials" at all. maybe next year!

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
vartex said:
so stupid...why isnt the climate control offered here. i mean N/A (maybe USA alone) should be first on the list with any of these neat features.
Canada is in North America too. Did you know that in Quebec Canada, there were more P5 sold per capita than anywhere else in the world? That the biggest Mazda dealer in the world is in Quebec Canada?

There's not only the US in the world btw...sheesh :roll:

·
Registered
98 Posts
i am no dummy! lol. i was just making the point that USA is the best damn country in this world!!!

now back to the topic. why dont we have climate control?

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
vartex said:
i am no dummy! lol. i was just making the point that USA is the best damn country in this world!!!

When you have to scream that the USA is the best damn country in this world!! You just prove my point that you are a dummy and a close minded moron. Like you visited all the countries....yeah right. People like you give the US a bad rap. You should shut up. Now we can go back on topic....

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
vartex said:
so stupid...why isnt the climate control offered here. i mean N/A (maybe USA alone) should be first on the list with any of these neat features. i dont like those "dials" at all. maybe next year!
Eh... no!

On a continent where ppl can't manage to stay in the right lane so others can pass on the left, where ppl don't realize they need to turn their lights on and where obese, poor-handling trucks with ancient technology sell more than nimble cars with the latest tech and where going around in circles in pushrod cars is more popular than driving on challenging circuits or country roads in high tech machines tell me why do we deserve this?

Also, ppl think of small cars as crap so what do you expect?

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Guess what I'm thinking of gentlemen?

You guys need to calm down.

Move on past the personal comments please.

Thanks!

·
Registered
889 Posts
M3-GT said:
vartex said:

When you have to scream that the USA is the best damn country in this world!! You just prove my point that you are a dummy and a close minded moron. Like you visited all the countries....yeah right. People like you give the US a bad rap. You should shut up. Now we can go back on topic....
Damn Canadians.. LOL :D I'm kidding.... You're right... Most Americans are close minded and have no idea that there are countries/cities out there that are much more high tech. That is why we have fallen behind. :? But clearly Mazda didn't want to position the 3 in such a way that it is much more appealing than the 6. Can you imagine? Xenon and auto climate controls? *drool*

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
n1smo said:
M3-GT said:
vartex said:

Damn Canadians.. LOL :D I'm kidding.... You're right... Most Americans are close minded and have no idea that there are countries/cities out there that are much more high tech. That is why we have fallen behind. :? But clearly Mazda didn't want to position the 3 in such a way that it is much more appealing than the 6. Can you imagine? Xenon and auto climate controls? *drool*
Thanks! ;) Yeah it would have been great. BTW I have no grudge against the US. I love the US. I actually been spending an average of 2 months per year for the last 25 years...I just hate close minded people wherever they come from.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts