Mazda3 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,337 Posts
dinu01 said:
Kazbaeden said:
I hate the Minis that park in strange not-meant-to-be-parked locations, just because of their size. Kind of like motorcycles.
I think it's cool. Like parking your Explorer on the grass when all parking spots are taken. Use the vehicle to your advantage.
Yeah but I could park my 6 on the grass too... the explorer just makes it easier... nobody climbes a mountain to park :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,849 Posts
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
dinu01 said:
Kazbaeden said:
I hate the Minis that park in strange not-meant-to-be-parked locations, just because of their size. Kind of like motorcycles.
I think it's cool. Like parking your Explorer on the grass when all parking spots are taken. Use the vehicle to your advantage.
Yeah but I could park my 6 on the grass too... the explorer just makes it easier... nobody climbes a mountain to park :p
You know what I meant, don't be so difficult :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
Phot3k said:
HOLY CRAP, that's almost 25K USD without tax!

I would never pay that much for even a high end Mazda 3. You could get a pretty good 6 for that price.

A base RX-8 with no features starts at $25,180 MSRP USD.
Yes, I'd rather get auto RX8 base model without any features than Mazda3 loaded. I mean RX8 has better styling, is more unique, rotary engine, etc. I really hope mazda doesn't make mistake and prices their fully loaded compact car at starting price of their top of the line sports car. That'll suck imo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Yeah, 25K USD for a car like the Mazda 3 is pretty insane.

I think that since it's a new car so they might try to price gouge some people but I definately expect the price to go down on the thing into the price range of something like the old Protege or Focus', NOT in the RX8 price range lol.

Last time this happened was when the Evo 8's were out, the markups were insane to the point where people boycotted dealers that didn't give people MSRP and not a penny over.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,505 Posts
That's still a little high, I think.

Well, we'll see how the prices are when the car comes out. I'm sure they'll be inflated for the first bit to get the first few buyers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
984 Posts
I went and converted it.

A Mazda3 (whatever the top model is called in Canada) [ES in US], w/ Air Conditioning, GFX package, Convenience Package, Power Package, Leather, basically everything but the sport automatic transy is only $19,696.00 US Dollars!!!

The Mazda3 Sport (aka Hatch) is only $18,257!!!

No mention of the navigation system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
schulkw said:
I went and converted it.

A Mazda3 (whatever the top model is called in Canada) [ES in US], w/ Air Conditioning, GFX package, Convenience Package, Power Package, Leather, basically everything but the sport automatic transy is only $19,696.00 US Dollars!!!

The Mazda3 Sport (aka Hatch) is only $18,257!!!

No mention of the navigation system.
Add $2000 for navi and $1000 for auto transmission and car still ends up over $20K. I hope this is fale. I mean it should come fully loaded w/o navi but with auto tranny and under $20K.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
That mid 20s price quoted by the dealer may be theoretically possible but it does involve items like the NAV, HID side-airbags/curtains and the like, that together, are unlikely to be found ,on one or two out of a hundred cars they build anyway.

Mazda is in no position to place this car way upmarket for the high mix-percentage models, so don't expect much of a jump over the Protege for what would be roughly be comparably equipped models.

So don't worry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
984 Posts
Bone said:
That mid 20s price quoted by the dealer may be theoretically possible but it does involve items like the NAV, HID side-airbags/curtains and the like, that together, are unlikely to be found ,on one or two out of a hundred cars they build anyway.

Mazda is in no position to place this car way upmarket for the high mix-percentage models, so don't expect much of a jump over the Protege for what would be roughly be comparably equipped models.

So don't worry.
Why would they want to price a fully loaded 3 for $1000 less than a fully loaded 6? It doesn't make sense.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
984 Posts
Kazbaeden said:
Which is how much US dollars?
Well it wouldn't matter much, seeing as that cars are more expensive there.

Why would Canada be more expensive? The only thing that is different is the currency. Even so, that means the US price would be even less. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,201 Posts
Well, what I mean is, it's useless to think that if a car in one country costs some amount, then a car in another country will cost the same but in a different currency.

Just look a the base price of the Protege, for example. In Canada, the ES is almost $19,000 base. In the US, it starts at $16,660. If the Canadian price is converted to American dollars, it comes out to approximately $14,400, which is in no way in line with the true American price.
 
21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top