Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Good point!

If you take a test drive post it here.

If you buy one, share your driving experiences here.

If we don't keep the site organized and have many threads dealing with the same topics the board will become un-manageable soon, so let's all take a second before posting and check:

1. Where to post it
2. Create a proper title if creating a discussion
3. Search if it has been posted
4. Post away.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
dinu01 said:
Good point!

If we don't keep the site organized and have many threads dealing with the same topics the board will become un-manageable soon, so let's all take a second before posting and check:

1. Where to post it
4. Post away.

Dinu, you should include those instructions in your signature as well. :wink:

·
Registered
984 Posts
dinu01 said:
Good point!

1. Where to post it
4. Post away.

Mother Dinu tells it how it is! lol

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
After my teaching day today, went to my dealer that politely informed me to go across the street as they have a few in their parking lot. So I went. ALL were AT BTW.

Silver Sedan GFX
Gold Sedan GS w/Power
Silver Sedan GS w/Power + Sport <- MY EXACT COMBINATION!!!
Copper HB (unsure it it was GS or GT)

All we locked, except the rear door of the Silver GS w/Power+Sport - EXCELLENT!!! :)

Opened the driver's door after crawling inside, sat in.

The Good:
Tilt+Telescoping Steering wheel
Seat height adjustement lever easier to operate than knobs!
Nice seat material
Nice rubbery plastic on the dash (textured!)
All pieces were tightly fitted togeter - no gaps!
Sound of doors when closing
Surprisingly little gap b/w the rear wheels and the 16" tires (unlike in the pics)
The car is not as tall as it looks, even w/16" tires!!!

The Bad:
With 15" tires, it looks too tall and disproportionate (think Corolla)
No SAB/SAC for Canada

I did not drive it, but I can see myself living with the interior and enjoying it, even in GS trim.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Back when the specs and prices were just released I was convinced that I wanted a sedan, so I calculated the price of one with the S (GT) trim + Sport Pkg and one with the I (GS) trim + Power Pkg + Sport Pkg, and I remember the price diff. was really small, small enough to make it ilogical for me to buy the loaded I in stead of the S.

Dinu why are you getting a souped up GS instead of a GT ?

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
It's $1788 (taxes included) of a difference IIRC.

The GT will be more to insure (I'm 23 so that's an issue).

The only think I'd REALLY want from the GT would be the engine, the bigger brakes and blue interior lights. Fog lights, 17" alloys, alarm, red/black seats, leather-wrapped stuff is not too high on my list, although nice to have.

I also MUST have a sunroof, so I gotta chose the GFX on the GT then.

I really see no point in making my payments about $40 more per month for that. I know the 2.3L engine is great, but if I'm having a BLAST with the Protege's 2.0L in AT, the NEW 2.0L w/MT will still be a huge leap for me. Also, I'd rather have a HB, so that would be more $ too. Basically if I wanted to go all out I would have gotten the GT HB, but the GS w/Sport is still a better car than any Civic or Corolla out there, so I don't particularly care.

Basically once you have a price and keep looking at payments that are $40-50 more per month you can get into another class of car. I also have a house (moving Dec.20) and other financial goals I wanna take care of - basically taking care of my future while still being able to go on trips and enjoying life. No, $40 will not get in the way, but why pay more if for MYSELF it's not worth it?

And yes, ALL of my friends want me to get the GT :)

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
True. I lke our PRO a lot, but sometimes I regret not geting ABS on it, instead of the spoiler I put on. So I learned to pay right away instead of wishing for things later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts