Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Mazda 3 will be my first car that I've bought, so I don't have a lot of established credit yet and I'd like to get my parents to co-sign to get a better APR.

Now that I've gone and gotten my parents involved, they're playing Devil's Advocate and asking lots of questions because they know very little about the Mazda brand or the quality behind it... all they know is Honda and Toyota, or brands that they've owned.

So I decide to shell out the $5 for a web subscription to Consumer Reports to get some nice independant info on the Mazda 3 (which they displayed on their list of Mazdas) and after signing up I find that they have NO info on it at all, no tests, nothing.

At least Consumer Reports has info that Mazda puts out quality reliable cars on it's other vehicles so I can show that to the parents, but I was wondering if anyone knew how long it generally takes CR's to do track tests on new cars?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I swore I heard from someone that the tests are going down late Feb.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, plus on new cars they don't do reliability at all because, well, they're new heh. At least I can give them some good info that shows that Mazda puts out quality, reliable cars.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yeah, probably won't help you but my Protege5 had not a single problem in the 2.2 years I owned it before upgrading to my 3. ;)

My parents early 90's 626 had a few things over the years but they were just wear releated because my dad drives like a raped ape. :D

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Hondas and Toyotas are "assumed" to have better quality cuz they're more expensive.

The Mazda 3 is STILL assembled in Japan. Hondas are built, I believe, in the USA. Toyotas are built in a plant in Canada. Not to say that domestic plants are worse off than other plants, but for the sake of arguing, all the very reliable cars were built in Japanese plants.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
True. I forgot to mention that.
I drive a Toyota, so I know that Toyotas are very reliable.

However, I would not go so far as to buy another Toyota JUST because of historical evidence. Things change over time :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts