Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car's been pulling to the right for the past few months. I've had 2 alignments done, and have also tried rotating the tires, yet the problem still remains. What else should I look into?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Did you get exact spec for the alignments? I found that some local places do a bad job here... I always ask for the specs afterwards now.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[quote author=gundal link=topic=68851.msg1191190#msg1191190 date=1170816567]
Did you get exact spec for the alignments? I found that some local places do a bad job here... I always ask for the specs afterwards now.
[/quote]

Yes I did. I don't have it on me right now, but everything was within spec apart from rear camber (which is to be expected with the suspension setup I am running).

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Cars are always going to pull to the right slightly, it's not your alignment possibly it's the road. It's because roads are crowned so that water drains to the side.

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
[quote author=cc link=topic=68851.msg1191211#msg1191211 date=1170816835]
[quote author=gundal link=topic=68851.msg1191190#msg1191190 date=1170816567]
[/quote]

Yes I did. I don't have it on me right now, but everything was within spec apart from rear camber (which is to be expected with the suspension setup I am running).
[/quote]

Did it pull before you altered the suspension?

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
I thought I had read that cars typically pull to the right in case you pass out at the wheel, you go off the road vs going into oncomming traffic. Mine has pulled slightly right for as long as I can remember.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, the car may pull to one side because the roads aren't perfect, but it never did this before, and it does it to an extent that definately isn't within normality. I've had my suspension setup for well over 1.5 years but I've only experienced this phenomenon for the past few months, so that can't be it. What should I look for?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Worn or bent components. Like when I had my Mk4 VW, the front camber kept on getting more negative, but camber isn't even adjustable on the car. Turns out the front struts were bending right above the collar, giving the car negative camber.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
[quote author=WetsuitxNinja link=topic=68851.msg1192293#msg1192293 date=1170868943]
I thought I had read that cars typically pull to the right in case you pass out at the wheel, you go off the road vs going into oncomming traffic.  Mine has pulled slightly right for as long as I can remember.
[/quote]

On a good road, my car goes straight.  I could probably go a mile or two without touching the wheel.

If it pulls there is a problem.

Mine pulled because of the wheels/tires I put on from a car that was slammed. Once I replaced the worn tires the problem went away.

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
[quote author=cc link=topic=68851.msg1192670#msg1192670 date=1170878069]
Yes, the car may pull to one side because the roads aren't perfect, but it never did this before, and it does it to an extent that definately isn't within normality. I've had my suspension setup for well over 1.5 years but I've only experienced this phenomenon for the past few months, so that can't be it. What should I look for?
[/quote]

Does it do it all of the time or only when braking?

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
[quote author=cc link=topic=68851.msg1193078#msg1193078 date=1170884965]
All the time.
[/quote]

Do you have the caster reading from the last alignment?
If not I would experiment more with the tires, especially if they are directional. Once you can isolate the tire that may be causing the issue, you can remount it accordingly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know it sounds kind of strange but maybe you could adjust your tire pressure. My car pulled to the right before and after an alignment but after just adding a little more pressure to the front right tire it completly fixed the problem... just an idea anyway. Hope you get it figured out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts