Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a look down between the grill and the radiator and there is a connector for something clearly visible at the bottom.

Any ideas what this may be for?
Wondering if the SP23 owners have something connected to it?

Could it be the ambient temperature gauge wiring or is it something to do with the airbags? :?:

M

·
0 Posts
The plug behind the grill is the plug for the Thermometer.

As sp23 owners have an ambient temperature reading, they should have a thermometer connected to that plug.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I think you plug it into your index finger, it then gives you a nasty shock to remind you that your model is regrettably not an SP :evil:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
malebastard said:
The plug behind the grill is the plug for the Thermometer.

As sp23 owners have an ambient temperature reading, they should have a thermometer connected to that plug.

Hope that helps.
Mb - Thanks for the constructive comments. I'd be interested to see if I can poach a temp guage off a wrecked MZ6 and plug it in to get a reading on the display.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fiordland said:
I think you plug it into your index finger, it then gives you a nasty shock to remind you that your model is regrettably not an SP :evil:
Fiordland - Horses for Courses! Maybe I am taking your comment in the wrong way, and if I am, please excuse me.
But (and sorry to SP23 owners) I actually prefer the understated interior of the Maxx Sport without the blue/red dials and seats stripes and I like the honeycomb grill which matches the lower bumper grill section.

So it's not regrettable that I have a Maxx Sport and not a SP23.

M

·
0 Posts
Mb - Thanks for the constructive comments. I'd be interested to see if I can poach a temp guage off a wrecked MZ6 and plug it in to get a reading on the display.

No probs steve.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Steve-o said:
I actually prefer the understated interior of the Maxx Sport without the blue/red dials and seats stripes and I like the honeycomb grill which matches the lower bumper grill section.
I agree with you Steve-o. I too prefer the cloth choices of the Maxx over the seat stripes of the SP23... and the funny way they did the two-tone for the seats. Sometimes I wish that they allowed more Mix-and-Match with certain cars - although this defeats the purpose of mass production and hence cheaper all round benefits.

Still, it would be nice to not limit the interior choices :)

I've also yet to find out a real use for having the ambient temperature gauge... Its not as if i tell people - "You know? My car measures that its 30 degrees celcius outside?! Really!" :roll:

(Although I understand its importance in regulating A/C and fan flow in order to achieve the desired internal temperature during the climate control feature)

I would still prefer the guestimated "kms left for fuel tank" and "avg gas consumption", which are more relevant and present on the 6...

M

·
0 Posts
I agree with you Steve-o. I too prefer the cloth choices of the Maxx over the seat stripes of the SP23... and the funny way they did the two-tone for the seats. Sometimes I wish that they allowed more Mix-and-Match with certain cars - although this defeats the purpose of mass production and hence cheaper all round benefits.

I would still prefer the guestimated "kms left for fuel tank" and "avg gas consumption", which are more relevant and present on the 6...
I agree with you here 100% - these are much more "useful" functions than climate control , i wouldn't mind just having the good ol a/c.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
olorin said:
I've also yet to find out a real use for having the ambient temperature gauge... Its not as if i tell people - "You know? My car measures that its 30 degrees celcius outside?! Really!" :roll:

(Although I understand its importance in regulating A/C and fan flow in order to achieve the desired internal temperature during the climate control feature)

Good call on the trip computer. The standard MZ3 Trip A / Trip B odometer is a bit useless. I just hope they don't add all these features we long for (eg. CC on the wheel, trip computer, speed alarm, etc) to the next release of the MZ3 and we miss out.

M

·
0 Posts
Good call on the trip computer. The standard MZ3 Trip A / Trip B odometer is a bit useless. I just hope they don't add all these features we long for (eg. CC on the wheel, trip computer, speed alarm, etc) to the next release of the MZ3 and we miss out.
Yeah me too... cos existing mazda owners will be really pissed off!!!
:evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was a bit concerned about the steering wheel audio controls because my car came in a week and a half before they told me it would be ready. I specifically asked for a Jan 04 build and Feb 04 compliance model and I thought they just found another one in Australia from the Dec 03 shipment.
If I didn't get all the options as on the current model I would have sent it back and had a dummy spit at them.

·
Registered
519 Posts
You did get the steering wheel controls on your maxx right, Steve-o?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
olorin said:
You did get the steering wheel controls on your maxx right, Steve-o?
Yeah I did. I wish you could change up/down through the 6 stacker CDs from the wheel controls. Most annoying to have to reach across the dash..I might dislocate my shoulder :lol:

·
Registered
519 Posts
i agree... its so annoying! makes the steering wheel controls redundant as i always like to flip cd's.

and what gives with the random setting? i can't flip through a cd randomly! it always goes back to sequential the moment i push the steering wheel control to move forward. :shock:

"confessions of an inveterate channel flipper" :D

·
Registered
222 Posts
is this the connector?

hi, sorry for digging this thread out.

In Singapore, only the luxury version (comes with auto aircon) comes with the ambient temperature sensor and display on the LED.

But my car and another does not have the auto aircon but we have the ambient temperature displayed on the LED.

I was wondering if this is the temperature connector you guys are referring to.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/snoozee_76/detail?.dir=/b475&.dnm=f2a3.jpg

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've also yet to find out a real use for having the ambient temperature gauge... Its not as if i tell people - "You know? My car measures that its 30 degrees celcius outside?! Really!"
well working in the refrigeration a/c industry :) there really is no point to showing outdoor temp to the driver... unless your an older person (for younger fellas you have a/c your freezing!) :p

i do not work on car a/c but the principals are all the same, just compressor being powered by a belt connected to your motor... rather then 240v mains.

older folk can suffer from thermal shock if temp differences are greater then 20'c, they can collapse, suffer heart attacks etc... at least with a indoor/outdoor temp they could set climate to be less then 20'c differnce between the two temps... however i dont think this would be the reason mazda incorperated it...

basically also to do with your a/c if the air coming out of your vents is greater then 15'c cooler then the ambient air (outside air) your air con is fine.

·
Registered
308 Posts
you've obviously not gone driving in cold conditions, with outside temperature you know when its about to snow and you know what the chances are of ice on the road. you can probably argue away a lot of a cars features as unecessary, however as a consumer I'd rather they include more than less.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts