Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea my friend on his Si just sent away his chip to put Hondata on it.... I was wondering is there somewhere to where I can send mine to take off the restrictions just like his is being done????

·
Registered
947 Posts
Probably not yet.

Mods will come in time, but I doubt it will be any time soon. Hondata has been working with Honda chips for a few years now and they have a lot of experience under their belt.

I am weary of simple fuel-remap and governor removal chips. It takes a lot of effort to bring out a chip as effective as Hondata's.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I'm sure with a good fuel-remap and use of higher octane (91 Premium) We should definitely see a small hp gain. Maybe +5hp to +10hp.

As it is now, from what I understand, the Mazda 3 isn't designed to use anything more than 87 Regular. You can try putting in 89 or 91, but it doesn't help. In fact, various posts/testimonials on the forum mention that it causes some annoying problems with the engine.

D

·
0 Posts
The computers in the Mazda3 are a totally new design that cannot be chipped. These computers are designed to be flashed via the OBD-II port under the dash, but either a handheld programmer or a cable attached to a personal computer. There are several companies working on this technology, but not for the Mazda3 specifically. I dont expect a tuner for the Mazda3 to be released until closer to the end of this year. The mazda6 has been out for over a year and there are still no tuners for it, and it uses the same computer.

Nikolas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts