Mazda3 Forums banner

Compression test results (is this normal)

29K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  SSEI B 
#1 ·
So earlier in the weeks ive had some ossues with spark plugs burning out. And i think that i found the solution to it (changed the coils)

Yesterday i did a compression test on my cylinders and these are the results listed below... Any thoughts ?

Cylinder 1: 181 psi
Cylinder 2: 180 psi
Cylinder 3: 165 psi
Cylinder 4: 180 psi

#7 ·
I did the test twice on c3 and it came up with the same results. The reason why i ran the compression test was because of two reaaons. One, i had codes that came up the other day about the engine running to lean could possibly be caused by c3....i dont know.. And second when im driving and the engine is warm i get a loss in power after 2000 rpm. Like the car is dragging something heavy.

#16 ·
So earlier in the weeks ive had some ossues with spark plugs burning out. And i think that i found the solution to it (changed the coils)

Yesterday i did a compression test on my cylinders and these are the results listed below... Any thoughts ?

Cylinder 1: 181 psi
Cylinder 2: 180 psi
Cylinder 3: 165 psi
Cylinder 4: 180 psi
Compression on number 3 indicates you have a valve wear issue not thing to worry about at this point. If it was 120 or 130 and the others at 181 or 180. Then it would effect you engine causing it shake noticeably at that point. In the mean time drive and enjoy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.