Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/product.aspx?ProdId='REF6800CS'&Ser=REF&Cat=COS

This is the only pair of component speakers I've been able to find to fit in the Mazda 3 front doors.

It comes with a crossover so you'll never go beyond it's limitations, and the tweeter can flush mound in the stock tweeter hole for the 6 speaker setup, or surface mount for those not blessed with the upgraded stereo package.

I'm a huge infinity fan, as I work for circuit city and deal with this brand on a daily basis. We don't sell this particular setup, but I can definately say with confidence this has to be one of the best sets of speakers out there.[/

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
There are a few out there that make a 6x8" component set. I had a moment of interest in the Infinity's at first. Then quickly, my friend made me realize non-circular speakers "float" when played decently loud.

What that means is, it doesnt keep its shape. Whereas a circular speaker has no means to play as a different shape. It causes flucuating distortion where the speaker flops around uncontrollable. Now of course this is only noticed with a special camera and when the speaker is played at a fairly high volume.

For those that listen to music alot and can distinguish different instruments and how they should sound, will hear a diffrence. For the general, you wont notice a BIG difference.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts