Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, so I just recently got a 1st gen ms3 and it either needs a rebuild or new engine. The previous owner ran out of oil when driving and now there’s knocking. I’m wondering if I should engine swap or just rebuild. And if I engine swap, what should I get? Or should I just rebuild. Let me know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve got the ms3 2.3l turbo, where is the 2.5 engine from? I’ve heard that the cx7 has the same engine as the speed 3. Is that true? Sorry, I’m just learning about this stuff.

·
Super Moderator
1,332 Posts
@Jo James, I do not believe there is a 2.5 liter turbo which can easily be transplanted into a Speed3; I think your only options are the cars which carried the old 2.3 liter turbo which means the Speed3, Speed6, and the CX-7.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Jo James, I do not believe there is a 2.5 liter turbo which can easily be transplanted into a Speed3; I think your only options are the cars which carried the old 2.3 liter turbo which means the Speed3, Speed6, and the CX-7.
Ok, thanks, that’s what I thought.

·
Super Moderator
1,332 Posts
For enough money, many things are possible. Kind of a SWAG guess here, I'm thinking an easy six to eight grand to cover it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts