Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Mazda 3 2.3 l s and I have an automatic transmission I need to know what other years are compatible with that model it's the sedan 4 door two wheel drive. I also see a lot of manual transmissions for the year of my car is that an option versus automatic is it harder to switch out is it the same

·
Registered
502 Posts
It's a lot to convert a computer controlled vehicle from an automatic to a manual these days. I can see it costing more than having the automatic rebuilt. What problems are you experiencing with your vehicle?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Prices for a complete rebuild depend on location. I spent $1,800 to have my car's transmission rebuilt two years ago. Since I don't have a car payment, I prorate the cost over the number of days or weeks for driving the vehicle. It's in good running mechanical condition with a solid body at 184K miles, so ignore the ridiculous "advice" from people who claim not to rebuild the transmission if the cost of repair is greater than 50% of the car's value.

Also factor in that a rebuild is much quicker than the time and energy spent sourcing parts and figuring out how to reengineer the vehicle for a manual transmission.

Reactions: newsense
1 - 4 of 4 Posts