Mazda3 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Comparison: Which one to buy Mazda6i or Mazda3s ?

3K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  dinu01 
#1 ·
I'm planning to buy new car & want to know which one to buy Mazda6i (inovice on this car is 17430 & there is 2500 USD rebate) so final would be 14970, Whereas Mazda3s hatchback is having invoice of 15793.
From performance point of view both cars as 160hp. Torque on 6 is 155@4000 RPM whereas on 3 it is 150@4500 RPM.

Which one to choose ?

#4 ·
I think it should be noted that the 6 is on the small side of "mid-size" sedans, it's only 8" longer than the 3. It's 5" shorter than a Nissan Altima, 6" less than a Toyota Solara and 12" shorter than a Pontiac Grand Prix. I know of only one car that is smaller than the 6 and is still classified as a mid-size: the VW Passat. And it is only 1.5" shorter.

#5 ·
i think the 6 does not look as updated as the 3. plus, the 6's console material looks and feels like cheap spray painted plastic. but if you're deciding on hatchback versus sedan, get the 6. the 3 hatchback looks weird.

#7 ·
Finally settled on MZ3 hatchback lava orange with ABS/SAB package & Monroof package. Under S-plan got it for 17859 - 500 customer loyalty rebate = 17359 + tax title & registration.

#8 ·
After twice spending 20-30 minutes walking around a large lot that had the hatch in every color, I thought it looked best in lava orange and winning blue. Surprised me as I'm a guy who tends to like dark grays and blues. The hatch's styling just looks sharper in those colors, to my eyes. Not too bad in the red either.

I like the price, utility, and size of the 3 hatchback better than the 6. But IMHO, the 6 is the better looking car. The lot had a steel gray 6 next to a titanium gray 3 sedan and my eyes kept going back to the 6. Very classy.

Can't go wrong with either.

#11 ·
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
The 3 is simply too small for me... I went with the 6. Plus the 6 has really unique headlight clusters that I love. Also, the 3's trunk is kinda short/weird.

Lastly, no bose in the 3.
No Bose in the 3, a praise onto Mazda3 product planners for that one. :wink:

#12 ·
Re: Which one to buy Mazda6i or Mazda3s ?

I was thinking about the same thing when the 3 just came out. For almost the same amount of money, you will be getting the lowest model from the 6 or the highest model of the 3.... this is my thought. :idea:

#13 ·
ok, lets make a little corrections in here, the Top of the line Mazda 3 GT with leather, manual transmiton MSRP - $23,340
MAZDA 6 i4 manual transmition starts at MSRP-$24,395. with leather starts at MSRP-$28,295.
This is in Canadian Dollars.

#17 ·
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
LeeLee said:
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
Lastly, no bose in the 3.
No Bose in the 3, a praise onto Mazda3 product planners for that one. :wink:
Yeah... cause the stock system is soooooooooo much better :sarc:
Yes it is. :D

Because the stock Mazda3 sound system isn't bound by the design philosophies of Bose. Bose has made a market by peddling expensive audio mediocrity. Just as you have people who claim they can hear differences from "directional speaker cable", you have people who buy Bose because of its brand image, or because of their compact size, but not because of how it actually sounds. Those who think Bose speakers sound great haven't heard a decent sound system. And by decent I mean something along the lines of a $400 pair of B&W bookshelf speakers.

Maybe the base Mazda6 sound system doesn't sound as good as the upgraded Bose sound system, but they did that on purpose. I have never heard a Bose system that I like, that includes the one in my dad's Acura TL-S.

Do a search on people's opinion of Bose on the Internet.

#18 ·
I don't doubt it. Bose gets ridiculed in every car that offers it as a factory option.

A big reason why it's more popular in the 6 is because they made it relatively difficult to put in an aftermarket system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.