Mazda3 Forums banner
101 - 108 of 108 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
One thing I haven't seen mentioned here...I like the colors of the 3 better. None of the colors of the 6 really interest me. Plus, I like the shifter better in the 3 vice the 6, and the 3 is quicker. (No interest in the 6s because of wide turn radius plus nose heavy). There are some great prices on the 6, but there isn't an exact comparison because the 6 is missing some things (Xenon and Nav). Right now, I would take the 3.

By the way, I walked away from the 6s last year and bought the G35. I wasn't impressed with the 6s, and the 6i wasn't quite there. The 2.3 works better in the 3 than 6i.

· Registered
465 Posts
I went 3 over 6 for the navi.

· Registered
93 Posts
I've 3HB, but it seems to me after current crash test of 3 that 6 has better safety ratings and lesser in-cabin noise compared to 3.

· Registered
1,609 Posts
I dunno if this is true at all, but i feel that the handlingvs. turning radius department does not hold true for the 3 because the power steering does not draw power from engine for the 3, so the turning radius could be much better than the 6 :) but that's just my feelings

So the shifter is different between the two? So is the 3's shifter smoother or what?

the in-cabin noise that 6 excels over the 3 is no surprise, since the 6 is made to be a family car, and so they would put more sound proof paddings.

But i also like to note that the gauges and console is better in the 3. As to the power-seats, i had that in my old car and i would love it have it too, but honestly speaking, if only u drive the car, how often is it for u to even adjust the seats?

The console on the 6 is nice, but overusage of circle buttons as well as that "aluminum brushings" IMO

The reasons i like the 3 over the 6 is that:
1. that little more leg room for the rear is not a problem since most of the time only i will be in the car......also i like HBs better

2. made in japan ...vs assembled in US

3. weight difference (without power-seats save quite some weight --- it all adds up), power-weight ratio (we're only talking about 6i here) and also it being more nimble in town

4. i like the fact that our projector lens are much bigger, in which i have no evidence as to it being lit to the ground better, but it's just just a feeling for me

5. lastly .......maybe it's just me, but i hate the fact that the 6 has such a big gas tank, maybe it's a psychological effect, but to me it also means that the 6 will drink more gas........and with the gas prices so high this time around...........hmm.. u get the idea

I have some questions tho, so the 6 is available is having regular red-tails, sporty red tails, and clear tails??
(cuz it seems to me that some 6s GT have sporty red-tails --a little clear with hints of red that's now found in the 6 hatch and 6 wagon.........that the very base model 6i gets regular red tails)

so are there really 3 different types of tails available for choosing or the clear tail is not even available in NA?

· Registered
1,609 Posts
I dunno if this is true at all, but i feel that the handlingvs. turning radius department does not hold true for the 3 because the power steering does not draw power from engine for the 3, so the turning radius could be much better than the 6 :) but that's just my feelings

So the shifter is different between the two? So is the 3's shifter smoother or what?

the in-cabin noise that 6 excels over the 3 is no surprise, since the 6 is made to be a family car, and so they would put more sound proof paddings.

But i also like to note that the gauges and console is better in the 3. As to the power-seats, i had that in my old car and i would love it have it too, but honestly speaking, if only u drive the car, how often is it for u to even adjust the seats?

The console on the 6 is nice, but overusage of circle buttons as well as that "aluminum brushings" IMO

1. that little more leg room for the rear is not a problem since most of the time only i will be in the car......also i like HBs better

3. weight difference (without power-seats save quite some weight --- it all adds up), power-weight ratio (we're only talking about 6i here) and also it being more nimble in town

4. i like the fact that our projector lens are much bigger, in which i have no evidence as to it being lit to the ground better, but it's just just a feeling for me

5. lastly .......maybe it's just me, but i hate the fact that the 6 has such a big gas tank, maybe it's a psychological effect, but to me it also means that the 6 will drink more gas........and with the gas prices so high this time around...........hmm.. u get the idea

I have some questions tho, so the 6 is available is having regular red-tails, sporty red tails, and clear tails??
(cuz it seems to me that some 6s GT have sporty red-tails --a little clear with hints of red that's now found in the 6 hatch and 6 wagon.........that the very base model 6i gets regular red tails)

so are there really 3 different types of tails available for choosing or the clear tail is not even available in NA?

· Registered
1,609 Posts

101 - 108 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.