Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking about buying a 3, because i instantly fell in love with it, but i just found a great deal on a 6i with leather and moon roof for only 15 grand. im confused on what to do because 15k seems like a bargain.

anyone know any major differences between the two?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i compared the cars on mazda.com and i noticed that the 6 is bigger and longer, but the 3 has more head room and like 1/2 inch less leg room. not much difference.

any significance difference in interior?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i really dont care about features like that. all it does is just add to price. but exterior and interior design might just help me with my decision. i mean both run pretty much off of the same engine, both are pretty much same size (passenger room wise) and both are mazdas :)

i dunno about the guages though:

the 3 has more of a IS 300 look to it. and the 6 is nothing special. kinda blah, IMO. i mean this is something you dont see in everyday low priced cars.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
not only have i not test driven either of them, i havent been inside one. in fact, i havent been in a mazda ever. this car grew onto me, but you your points are legit. i dont drive that much, and when i do, its pretty much just me, so id prefer the one thats more driver oriented. i guess ill just have to test drive both first, but i know that 15000 deal wont last that long!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
cool dk, you are also from houston. have you even seen a 3 around town. i look everday and see nothing!

this ad was in the classified section last wednesday. it was in a suburb (somewhere close to spring i think, maybe even woodlands)

i did not get the year but i know it included moon roof and leather, but thats about all i remember.

its also a new one.

right now, im leaning on the 3!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
well the deal is back and this time at the champions mazda dealership. brand new 2004 6i with leather, tint, and abs package all for only $15,165. ive already made up my mind that im getting a 3 and if the 6 prices can fall like this within a year (not to mention its a 2004) ill wait for the 2005 3 and probably get a great deal like this. man 15165 is lidicrous!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
i have no idea...well first off that dealership is in champions, a very prestigous neighborhood in spring, tx. thats where they play the shell houston open. so pretty much, everyone is rich and maybe they go out and buy the more expensive cars. i guess they just want to attract those kids right out of college who live there, and what better way then to put a decent car at a cheap price. (this way they still look a little classy)

another reason is because toyota is the number 1 selling car here. cant compete with the corolla. (i still have no clue why people would chose that crap over 3 or 6)

another reason...the dealer knows its a good car and just wants to be a nice guy and let people own luxury for cheap.

btw, that price i listed also includes automatic transmission...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
when you say the 6 is bigger, it really isnt. it might be bigger length wise (the drunk) but space wise, the 3, IMO, is actually bigger because it has more front leg room, more front head room, but a little less back leg room. i only care about the front, and really these numbers dont make a significance because its only like .5 inch or something. i think the 3 looks a little better because if i was going for a sedan like a 6 id actually go for the whole damn thing and get G35 or the TL, heck maybe even the LS430

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.