Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
882 Posts
The one thing I disliked about the 6's interior was the volume controls. Those knobs were awful shallow and for guys like me with thick fingers it was difficult to grip. Add to it that the inside of each knob was slightly cantered to the centre of the console made it hard to get a grip on them, maybe just the way I do it but felt wrong.

· Registered
882 Posts
It's probably the competition as vartex said. Some areas will be more agressive than others if they're trying to increase market share. Or they could just be overstocked. ;)

· Registered
882 Posts
Someone here hit on something that would be a deal breaker for me on the 3, that I forgot: TCS. After having TCS in the 6, I'd never buy a car without it. It's so amazing in the snow.
Blah, no offense but anyone with half decent driving skills can live without this IMO.

It's getting to the point methinks that there are so many systems in a car that keep people from driving stupid that all we're doing is developing stupid drivers.

And...

Way out of the place knobs? What car were you driving scorp76? Based on your comments it doesn't sound like you've actually looked at any other interiors in cars that match up with the 3 because the 3 stomps all over them.

· Registered
882 Posts
The shorter wheelbase of the 3 will definitely help with turn in and turn radius. Outside of that I see them handling comparibly but given a bit less weight and a little more driver oriented given equal engines the 3 would be better than the 6.

The 6 is a great car no doubt so I don't know why we're really bickering about it this much.

· Registered
882 Posts
I only say bickering because this thread is definitely heading to it based on what I've seen in previous threads. USC I wasn't really talking about you I was talking about the 6 owners who are getting their noses out of shape about our observances and then the shots start flying etc.

· Registered
882 Posts
I have to be honest, the optioned up 6 I wanted was a bit out of my price range but not by much and I was seriously considering one. I was actually going to wait for the 6 wagon but once I saw the pics it really turned me off, thankfully the new 3 showed up and I was happy once again.

I really can't see how anyone would be any worse off going with either car, I mean if you read the reviews on the 6 in the automotive mags it's nothing but praise.

· Registered
882 Posts
FWIW I would be going for the 6s not the 6i so for me that's a $32,000cdn car. I had limited myself to $30,000 for this go round. I could buy up to 40,000 if I really wanted to but I don't like being car poor. ;)

And also Scorp is pretty much the one I was referring to earlier in the thread if anyone hasn't caught on yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.