Mazda3 Forums banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

· Registered
1,505 Posts
Ralliart has:

-Ralliart tuned suspension
-Bigger alloy rims (16")
-Lan EVO seats from the EVO GT-A
-Evolution synchros (some magazines have stated it's an Evolution tranny)
-2.4L MIVEC engine with 162hp/160lbs.ft
-Front, rear, side skirts stuff (not really that big a deal)

And that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

· Registered
1,505 Posts
well, the Mazda 3 also has a slightly wider front track width which, in my guess, is the reason the car hits 0.87 on the skidpad.

Slalom numbers between the two cars, however, are very close.

· Registered
117 Posts
A ralliart usually dynos above 150 hp.
I test drove a ralliart and a m3s back to back and it's third gear pulls as hard as the mazda's second. The Mazda's final drive it too tall. I put on 205/40/17 to change the gearing. It made a huge difference, but even with a cai, and no spare tire, the mitzu still feels a bit faster.

mitzu
1st 30mph
2nd 53 mph
3rd 79 mph

Mazda
1st 38
2nd 68
3rd 95

· Registered
117 Posts
I test drove a ralliart and a mazda 3 back to back. The mitsu is definitely faster. I've seen dynos between 150 to 157 hp. The engine is underrated. Also the gearing on the mazda is much taller:

mazda mitzu
1st 38mph 30mph
2nd 68mph 53mph
3rd 95mph 79mph

Gearing makes a big difference. That's why the focus st gets better 1/4 mile times than a 3, eventhough it only has 151 hp.

The trap speed for a mazda is only about 87 mph at which point the engine has just reached it's peak horsepower in 3rd gear (6500rpm). If the 3rd gear were shorter, and it could wind all the way up to 7000 rpm, the 1/4 times would be better.

· Registered
1,505 Posts
The cool thing about the MZ3, though, is the fact that the MZR engine has a timing chain.

That, and it's extremely popular so aftermarket parts should flow in like crazy!

However, RoadRaceMotorsports has been putting out some really nice parts for the Lancer Ralliart.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.