Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
272 Posts
Re: anyone crossing shopping the Lancer Ralliart?

avro206 said:
I went and looked at the Mitsu dealer today and talked with the saleman.

My immediate impressions were how good looking the car is. Better then the 3 BUT different. It has more of a street racer look--which may turn some people off. Styling is so subjective though. It also looks quite big.

I like the white faced guages and seating position.

Spec wise, they are very similar and price is within a few hundered $$
(base GT VS base Ralliart)

ISince you can only really tell if you like the car by driving it. plan to go back for a test drive sometime and drive the 3 as well.
Might be worth a look.

Lease rate is much better @ 3.9% though.
Very funny you should mention that. As taken as I am with the 3, I also became interested in the Ralliart after seeing pics, specs and reading reviews this afternoon.

I'll have to take a look at the Ralliart before deciding on the 3. It's the only other compact which can compete with the 3 in performance (the 3s will probably have the edge in cornering and braking) and the fact that it is built in Japan.

The Ralliart styling is definitely more street-racer. I think it looks cool now, but whatever car I end up with I will have to hold onto until I'm 25, so I just don't want to get too tired with/annoyed by/"outgrow" the styling.

· Registered
272 Posts
anamnesis said:
I agree with vaboom completely. I made a post about this some time ago ... http://www.mazda3forums.com/viewtopic.php?p=3521&sid=e91a5f8d5b5707f75072b9b86e176d45#3521

The 3 has the Evo beaten in every department except speed. The 3 is quieter, rides better, and has smoother response. When I rode in the Evo, I was impressed only with it's wild power. It is just a powerful engine stuck into a crappy little car with average build quality and an absolutely horridly dated interior. The interior could pass for a car built seven or eight years ago. It is bland and not NEARLY as well built as the 3.

Additionally, I am not a fan of 'Fast and the Furious' ricer crap with pointless aluminum wings and super-mega-dragonball Z R-type ninja gaiden stickers and body trim ... no doubt the 3 will become a target for the riceboy community, but while the Evo may look cool, not everyone wants to draw attention to themselves. Actually, I should say, not everyone wants to draw the attention of dumbass ricers, because they're the only ones drawn to the kind of styling knick knacks on the Evo. The design of the 3 is clean and strong, not over-the-top, and that's part of the 3's intrinsic appeal -- it doesn't need pointless tack-on parts to look great or convince people it is solid and well-built. Even at $30k, Mitsu can't beat Mazda's build quality. Sad.

But, if you must have speed at the expense of ride comfort, interior quality, interior design, storage capacity, and lots of extra features -- and let's not forget another $10k -- then by all means, have fun in your Evo!
Although I have not seen the car in person, I would tend to agree, having seen more photos. I was thinking to myself that this was definitely a car that went into development in the mid-90s...and it shows...

· Registered
272 Posts
Bombadil said:
A TSX with sheet metal wing and you don't have a pic???

That is something I'd like to see ... and laugh at.
Better that there are no pics. That would be a very sad sight to see, considering that the TSX is a very nice car. It just makes me angry when stupid, ignorant people are wasteful with money.

It pisses me off when I see all these people driving luxo/performance cars they have no clue about.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.