Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and looked at the Mitsu dealer today and talked with the saleman.

My immediate impressions were how good looking the car is. Better then the 3 BUT different. It has more of a street racer look--which may turn some people off. Styling is so subjective though. It also looks quite big.

I like the white faced guages and seating position.

Spec wise, they are very similar and price is within a few hundered $$
(base GT VS base Ralliart)

ISince you can only really tell if you like the car by driving it. plan to go back for a test drive sometime and drive the 3 as well.
Might be worth a look.

Lease rate is much better @ 3.9% though.

EDIT: Thread title :twisted:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anamnesis said:
I agree with vaboom completely. I made a post about this some time ago ... http://www.mazda3forums.com/viewtopic.php?p=3521&sid=e91a5f8d5b5707f75072b9b86e176d45#3521

The 3 has the Evo beaten in every department except speed. The 3 is quieter, rides better, and has smoother response. When I rode in the Evo, I was impressed only with it's wild power. It is just a powerful engine stuck into a crappy little car with average build quality and an absolutely horridly dated interior. The interior could pass for a car built seven or eight years ago. It is bland and not NEARLY as well built as the 3.

Additionally, I am not a fan of 'Fast and the Furious' ricer crap with pointless aluminum wings and super-mega-dragonball Z R-type ninja gaiden stickers and body trim ... no doubt the 3 will become a target for the riceboy community, but while the Evo may look cool, not everyone wants to draw attention to themselves. Actually, I should say, not everyone wants to draw the attention of dumbass ricers, because they're the only ones drawn to the kind of styling knick knacks on the Evo. The design of the 3 is clean and strong, not over-the-top, and that's part of the 3's intrinsic appeal -- it doesn't need pointless tack-on parts to look great or convince people it is solid and well-built. Even at $30k, Mitsu can't beat Mazda's build quality. Sad.

But, if you must have speed at the expense of ride comfort, interior quality, interior design, storage capacity, and lots of extra features -- and let's not forget another $10k -- then by all means, have fun in your Evo!
umm.....this is not about the EVO--but the Ralliart. Although some of your impressions could be said about the Ralliart I guess.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh, okay I get what you were saying. It just that Mitsubishis are new to Canada (for 03), I have never looked at one and the EVO is a moot point----we don't get them here.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Neat comparsion site. In some ways they are similar and in other ways quite different.

M/T Jan tested the Ralliart--0-60 in 6.9 and the 1/4 in 14.9!!!

With the power so close th that of the 3 there shuld not be a huge difference. In my experince a 162hp 2800lb car cannot run 14.9 in the 1/4.

So there are 3 possiblities:

1. Mitsubishi underrated the engine by 25hp
2. Mitsubishi modded the engine and gave it to M/T
3. Motor Trends equipment malfunctioned (or misprint)

Have to wait for a 2nd or third magazine to better tell what they really run.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.