Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do the : 0-60 times , 1/4 mile , Skid pad , and slalom speeds compare ???
Is there a link ???
I know that the prices are different but I think that is a better bang for the buck to get the Mz3

EDIT: Title

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
hhahaa my dad was going to get me the 3 series...i would have gone witht hat one but the prices were too steep for us..

·
Registered
526 Posts
Oh here's a better one.... MZ3 GFX <VS> McLaren F1 !!

Question: Is there a link for those times?
Answer: Take the F1 times and multiply by 2

Let's compare apple to apples here... :)

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Of course its better bang for the buck to get the 3 - but you won't compete in ANY area. The 3-series is a much higher end car.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Forgetaboutit... the 325 sedan with a steptronic can keep up with our 3s manuals. And that's their low end 3 series. BMW 3 series main competition is the Audi's and Saab's.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Forget it

Basically any 3 series BMW has a very very good chance at killing an MZ3. Pretty much all due to the fact that they are inline 6's.

The 0-60 times in the 3's range from 7.6 to about 6.8 seconds, unless we're talking about the M3 in which case it's in the low 5's.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Re: Forget it

factrzero said:
Basically any 3 series BMW has a very very good chance at killing an MZ3. Pretty much all due to the fact that they are inline V6's.
:shock: What's an inline V6?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I would think the Mazda3 has better fuel efficiency right?!
Also, doesnt the Mazda3 handle nearly as well as the 3 series?
But hell yeah.. M3 w/ SMG.. it scared me the first time i sat in it

·
Registered
627 Posts
Sorry what?

Where did you get that silly quote about an inline V6? Who would write something that stupid? :p

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
3 series > Mazda3

Mazda3's price > 3 series

·
Registered
396 Posts
vaBooM said:
3 series > Mazda3

Mazda3's price > 3 series
Mazda3's Price is GREATER than 3series???

you must mean Bang for the Buck: Mazda3 > 3series

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I'm sure that's what he meant, 6_funk :)
Atleast I hope so. OTherwise, I'm getting a BMW!!!

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
6_funk is right.. oops.

Did ya'll ever read that thread about street racing? I took on a 330ci and kept up the whole way. Dude was amazed.. and he thought he could dump me. Wasnt much straight, but a bit twisty on the highway.

He gave me the thumbs up after we parted and went seperate ways.

·
Registered
432 Posts
vaBooM said:
6_funk is right.. oops.

Did ya'll ever read that thread about street racing? I took on a 330ci and kept up the whole way. Dude was amazed.. and he thought he could dump me. Wasnt much straight, but a bit twisty on the highway.

He gave me the thumbs up after we parted and went seperate ways.
330Ci only has 225hp. M3 would be different.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Yeah.. thats 65 more hp than us. Im sure it has 200+ torque as well. e46 M3 has 333hp... that would blow our doors off in 1st gear before he even hits redline.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Heheh, yeah, it all depends on the driver as well. Fast car with retired drivers doesn't always equal fast :)

I can probably kick the crap out of my friend's 2003 325i but that's cause he uh ... well, you get the picture.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
True.. but lately, when I see any BMW, its always some young punks.

I seen a kid with his mom driving a new 330ci jet black. Had temps n all..... lucky bast.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Put in a supercharger, new exaust, intake and you are all set to go. With that you are still way under what a 3 series cost and you can possibly keep up with it. The '3' series isn't "all that" unless you get the M3. I would get a 2004 TL or Audi A4 way before a BMW, they are old and getting ugly.

If you are in Canada.. or not. Look on http://www.auto123.com/en/used/compare/ there is a fun little option that lets you compare 2 cars side by side.

By the way...on the site it gives a 0-60mph (0-100kmh) time of 9secs for the Mazda3 160hp engine. :roll:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts