Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got my 3 under the cloud of a stolen car. I had a 2000 Honda Civic Si that was stolen at my apartment, but my insurance covered and now I have a new 3!

The Mazda3 is a nice replacement for my Civic Si. It's quicker and has more options. I just have to keep an eye on this one... :shock:

Winning Blue/5 Door(2.3L)
5 Speed
Xenon light/TPMS
6 Disc/Moonroof
ABS/Side Airbags
Blue/Black Cloth Seats
Wheel Locks

The only thing I'm lacking that I was interested in was the Nav. system...I can live without it....

My drive out price(including TT&L).....$19,400 :twisted: I'm pretty sure is was an awesome deal, but I would like some comparison to what others are paying.

·
Registered
273 Posts
CommanderGoat said:
Well, I got my 3 under the cloud of a stolen car. I had a 2000 Honda Civic Si that was stolen at my apartment, but my insurance covered and now I have a new 3!

The Mazda3 is a nice replacement for my Civic Si. It's quicker and has more options. I just have to keep an eye on this one... :shock:

Winning Blue/5 Door(2.3L)
5 Speed
Xenon light/TPMS
6 Disc/Moonroof
ABS/Side Airbags
Blue/Black Cloth Seats
Wheel Locks

The only thing I'm lacking that I was interested in was the Nav. system...I can live without it....

My drive out price(including TT&L).....$19,400 :twisted: I'm pretty sure is was an awesome deal, but I would like some comparison to what others are paying.
hey man did you buy it at town north mazda??
what part of dallas are you from
i love in denton but i am moving to dallas as soon as i get back to college

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dinu01 said:
Nice avatar BTW :)
Thanks.

Jebus said:
hey man did you buy it at town north mazda??
what part of dallas are you from
i love in denton but i am moving to dallas as soon as i get back to college
I'm in North Dallas. I actually bought my 3 all the way in College Station! Why?...Sam's Club... Many people don't know this, but if you're a Sam's Club (yeah, the big bargin store) member, you can buy the 3 starting out at $200 over invoice. Sam's has a auto club that makes deals with Fleet Managers. Basically, you call Sam's Auto Club tell them you're looking for a Mazda Dealer in the area, then they give you a name of the fleet manager. You call, tell them you were referred by Sam's Club, they treat you well...Usually it's like 2% over invoice or in the case of the 3, it's $200 over. Then the rest of the negotiating is up to you. I bought it College Station because I have family around that area and I was down there for the holidays. Plus they matched a quote I got on less equipt 3. I think the only Mazda Dealer in Dallas that deals with Sam's is Prestige Mazda. It's on I-20, South of Dallas, so it's kinda out of the way, but it's worth it if you save a thousand.

So I guess you're at UNT or TWU then if you're in Denton? I graduated from UNT. I thought I would really love Dallas, I like it for the most part. But I hate 1) the traffic and 2) Car Thieves!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Not sure how our deals compare because you are in Dallas and I am in Northern VA. But our cars have exactly the same options, except I didn't get wheel locks...

Anyway, I paid $17,250 before tax and tags for mine, and gotta love Virginia's 3% car sales tax. However, we pay property tax on our cars every year, though it's down to 25% of what it used to be.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Nice to see we converted someone from a Honda driver to a Mazda driver.

Just noticed you're from TX...we have a statewide meet going on March 19-21st in Austin. If you are interested check out the regional section...United states...and the thread Texas Statewide Meet. We need some newer Mazda representation. So far I'm the only 6 going for sure, everybody else is MSPs, Pro5s, and MP3's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts