Mazda3 Forums banner

Colours?

11K views 31 replies 10 participants last post by  Absinthe 
#1 ·
I love how the car is being made in Japan as I don't have much trust in our American counterparts. No offence, but the Japanese Mazda workers must take more pride in their work or something. Since I hear all mazda3's will be made in Japan, does that mean we will get all the nice blues and reds that we are deprived of? For example the classic red for the M6 and the titanium silver overseas. I love the blue I see in the pics of the hatch that are circulating around and would love a sedan in that colour...*drool* Especially if it comes with colour matched seats?

I doubt Canada will have an option to get all those options. I can't picture xenon lights, nav system, all that stuff on a most likely sub 30k car that is going to compete with corollas, civics, and etc. However xenon lights and lights that "sense" when you go into a tunnel are on the mazda.ca website I think. In any case sign me up for a fully loaded 5-speed sedan in that blue colour!!

Oh btw, I am wondering what type of rear lights we will get? and the sedan trunk almost looks like the mazda6 hatch trunk...I know it isn't a hatch though.

#12 ·
Indigo Blue/Strato Blue (close to navy blue) on the sedan and Winning Blue (close to the blue on the Protege) on the HB.

Of course this info is not 100% accurate, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Winni'ggn Blue only available on the GT sedan and GT hatch while all other trims of the sedan and HB get the darker blue.

#14 ·
although red with black/red interior would be really nice. also a black or titanium with black leather (expensive) or black/red interior...and winning blue with blue/black. I know there is another thread with this topic
I've also always wanted a white car. I dunno how it would look in person though.

So I'm pretty much stuck between (in no specific order)

white/black/titanium/a bright blue/red

are any of the colours metallic/pearl? I'm worried about if I get black the swirl marks and washing. I honestly think nothing looks better than a shiny black car though. the problem is keeping it shiny. I can always get a nice looking black luxury car later on.

also with red. I've always though red is better for TRUE sport cars. e.g. Ferraris lol. not economy sub 30k cars.

titanium is very nice and smooth, but it might be a little too "old" for me. Besides this colour is nice for porsches and bmw's (possible future cars? lol)

because I might not get a blue car when I'm 35+
so I guess I am really just considering blue/white/black

we'll see I'm just dreaming again
and we'll see whats available with what options I want

#19 ·
red

Looks great with the GFX, black would look extra silky smooth for this car.

#22 ·
well there is a sand mica on the mazda.ca site....so I don't think we know anything for sure?? and someone said they ordered a car in winning blue?

btw wassup with the 2.3 badge on the side of that pic? I hope we don't get that.....oh well. I'm gonna debadge it anyway

#24 ·
a dark blue mz3 with black leather...that would be hot. I saw a BMW that was blue and had black leather....its a sporty and classy color indigo blue.......if you're not into the metallics or black...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.