Mazda3 Forums banner

Colored Inserts ? and reasonable price to pay for an sp23 ?

4K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  fiordland 
#1 ·
Hi guys and girls

I will be making a deal on monday for an sp23 sedan. I asked for the cost of the colored inserts for the steering wheel. Apparently it comes in a package of the steering wheel and leather gear nob. I was quoted approx $600 for it. The dealer told me that I wouldn't even be able to keep the old steering wheel, which I found out from Mazda Australia is bullshit. So I asked him if there is a swap over price. So it seems for me to be able to get the blue leather insert I have to spend $600 and keep my black leather steering wheel. They wont swap and reduce the cost. its a little annoying. But come monday Im gonna try and squeeze him for the inserts and the current price we already set.

Anyone got the colored inserts yet?
Anyone got leather sets in the sp23 ?
Also what price did everyone pay for their sp23? (If you dont mind releasing that info)

I have been offered $33,000 includes cruise control and larger wing (not lip) and the sp23 floor mats

What do you think?

G
#2 ·
I don't think you'll be able to budge em with the colour inserrts....

I tried!!! :x :x

All i could get was free tinting!!! :)

I got mine for the 33k price range as well..

btw... IMO in think the lip looks alot nicer than the larger wing...

#3 ·
Re: Colored Inserts ? and reasonable price to pay for an sp2

"I have been offered $33,000 includes cruise control and larger wing (not lip) and the sp23 floor mats"

I was told you could not put the larger wing on the SP23??? Is this an after market job or from Mazda????

#4 ·
Hi

Ive been to 2 dealers and they said it would be a bit of extra work. What they do is get a normal boot lid from a mazda3 without lip and install the factory wing and then take your lip from the sp23 and put it on a mazxx version. The main problems is that the dealer must have access to 2 cars with the same color. Also some lucky maxx owner will get your lip.

But it can be done im sure of it, because im getting one. :)

P.s. I like the look of the lip but ive always wanted a wing and the lip just didn't cut it for me. Ive seen U.S. mazda 3 with the wing and they look nice.

Also I feel that the bumper on the mazda3 sp23 is rather large and the wing will balance it out.

Each to there own. I cant wait till I get it.

#5 ·
by the way its not an after market job its direct from mazda for the wing

#6 ·
If its any help I got 33.8k for the SP23 hatch with MP3 player, tint, mats, headlight protector, prem plates and a trade in which I'm very pleased with.

You can haggle until your blue in the face, however it will be best to be realistic. Its a class leader which dumps all over even the German marques in this size range, if it had a volkwagen label they'd be wanting 50k.

My mates Audi A4 is only the same size interior with a measly mid 90's kilowatt 2 litre with leather at no change out of 60k and the 3 series is no bigger for the same price.

I was quite happy to take the hit in price for what is astounding quality and by the way I recommend Nick at Mazda Waterloo, Sydney. I'm a tough bargainer and I can sincerely say the sales manager there is a true professional, subsequently they are the best dealer to deal with in Sydney in my opinion.

#7 ·
thanks for your responses

I guess I wont be getting a much better price. So what I will do come monday morning is to ask for as many little extras as possible.

Wish me luck

G
#8 ·
When your speaking to the dealer and you don't like hearing what his saying, Just say your gonna go to another dealership and your sure they'll be happy to have my business...

See if that works...

I forgot to try that before i signed on the dotted line! :x :x :x

#9 ·
I've been in sales myself and I think that approach will definitely work at times but may leave the dealership team resentful. I think rather than being confrontational its best to gauge the price with a couple of visits to various dealers and shortlist the one that is in the ballpark and has the most professional sales team. Making them comfortable they can trust you are serious if they are serious is perhaps the win/win solution. They'll be keener to move on price or accessories if they have a positive feel about you as a customer. I know when I deal with abrasive customers I'm far less eager to go that extra mile.

At the moment you'll only see minor, trivial fluctuations in price and threatening the dealership is more likely to see you just be given a benchmark package rather than their best. What I'd be aiming for is a few accessories added in, after sales service such as warranty tweaking.

I have dealt in the past with a dealer that decided to take my custom for granted at the sales manager level, the person appeared to have lost track of who was the customer and who was the seller, probably to long in the job. They made it clear they didn't believe what I said regarding an ad by another dealer even with written evidence or didn't care what I said, either which way it was infuriating. As a result they are no longer servicing my vehicle or selling me Mazda's. Its a pity as the sales rep I normally dealt with was away at the time and I have a high respect for.

G
#10 ·
I agree with fiordland's comments...

But with my mates experiences and my own. Dealers need to be pressed. If they find that you are soft, they will work over you...

Go to several dealers as Fiorland said, and choose the dealer that offers you the best price.

Remember Car Salesman are the LEAST trust worthy people (according to surveys) so, try both the nice/bad guy approach and see which gets you further.

When i say bad guy, i don't mean swearing at them an being unreasonable.

#11 ·
There are good and bad salespeople. Its important to know who/what you are dealing with. Even within a dealership some may be good and some may be bad.

There are a couple of rules of engagement, such as;

Make sure you choose the salesperson you want, not the other way around. The best way to do this is by making a couple of phone calls to various dealers, while your chatting you'll get some idea about their personality. If there are any warning signs its then easy to terminate contact.

Now it's time to ask another series of questions about your salesperson:

Were you treated with respect?
Do you trust this salesperson to be open and honest when arranging the sale of this car?
If a disagreement arises, will you feel comfortable voicing your concern?
Was the salesperson listening to my needs? Or was he trying to sell me the car he wanted to move?

If you feel pleased after test-driving this salesperson, it's time to take the plunge and arrange a visit to test drive the actual car. During this time there is nothing wrong with making it clear that you want to know their best overall deal possible and you'll from there make a decision on shortlisting the best combination of car/manufacturer & dealership.

This makes them aware that you intend doing your homework, don't have a slavish devotion to buying their model and are not to be treated lightly.

Even if your mad about the car don't let the dealer know under any circumstance until after you've purchased it.

Other important notes are;

1. Dealers have monthly targets. At the start of the month they're least likely to negotiate.

2. Manufacturers want new cars to be selling strongly with good reviews, they incent their sales team in the first couple of months not to move on list price and to instead offer trade in's and accessories.

3. Don't buy a new car manufactured last year from a dealer under any circumstances unless you've been offered a compensatory discount.

As you work toward completing the deal, your early decisions about selecting a salesperson should make it a stress-free, enjoyable experience. And why not? There are some great salespeople out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.