Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and girls

I will be making a deal on monday for an sp23 sedan. I asked for the cost of the colored inserts for the steering wheel. Apparently it comes in a package of the steering wheel and leather gear nob. I was quoted approx $600 for it. The dealer told me that I wouldn't even be able to keep the old steering wheel, which I found out from Mazda Australia is bullshit. So I asked him if there is a swap over price. So it seems for me to be able to get the blue leather insert I have to spend $600 and keep my black leather steering wheel. They wont swap and reduce the cost. its a little annoying. But come monday Im gonna try and squeeze him for the inserts and the current price we already set.

Anyone got the colored inserts yet?
Anyone got leather sets in the sp23 ?
Also what price did everyone pay for their sp23? (If you dont mind releasing that info)

I have been offered $33,000 includes cruise control and larger wing (not lip) and the sp23 floor mats

What do you think?

· Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

Ive been to 2 dealers and they said it would be a bit of extra work. What they do is get a normal boot lid from a mazda3 without lip and install the factory wing and then take your lip from the sp23 and put it on a mazxx version. The main problems is that the dealer must have access to 2 cars with the same color. Also some lucky maxx owner will get your lip.

But it can be done im sure of it, because im getting one. :)

P.s. I like the look of the lip but ive always wanted a wing and the lip just didn't cut it for me. Ive seen U.S. mazda 3 with the wing and they look nice.

Also I feel that the bumper on the mazda3 sp23 is rather large and the wing will balance it out.

Each to there own. I cant wait till I get it.

· Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
by the way its not an after market job its direct from mazda for the wing

· Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for your responses

I guess I wont be getting a much better price. So what I will do come monday morning is to ask for as many little extras as possible.

Wish me luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.