Mazda3 Forums banner

Colored Angel Eyes?

4K views 46 replies 17 participants last post by  sketchhawk 
#1 ·
First off I would like to say this is my first post and you guys have one sick forum over here, ill be around as long as I have my Mazda3!!!

second i would have postedt this in the other angel eyes topic but i have another question or 2 and didnt want to steal his thread.

I love the look of angel eyes on the mazda3 but was hoping there would be some way the eyes could illuminate Red? If not what would be a feasable way of making them glow red instead of the white.

And second is foglight bulbs. Is there a specific bulb that will give me a redish tint rather than a blue?

#6 ·
gah.... lol thanks for ruining my surprise. i guess ill just come out and say it now.. i talked to devin about this and he said he cant order them so im making red ones myself. got the eyes on order, will be doing it over the next week or two, then ill have pix up for you guys. btw it will be red eyes on a black mica hb.... can you say hawt 8)

#8 ·
[quote author=WinningBlueMica`05 link=topic=64603.msg1108149#msg1108149 date=1166122715]
so how do you go about getting them from white to red ????
[/quote]

cant say... lol jk its nothing special, just lightbulb paint. all it is is transparent paint and you spray the eyes. you just gotta make sure its transparent and that it can handle the heat. other than that only thing is even when they are off they are still red but i dont have a prob with that i like it.

#10 ·
[quote author=WinningBlueMica`05 link=topic=64603.msg1108159#msg1108159 date=1166123252]
I must say this idea intreagues me, i just got my angel eyes from devin's last GB. I was planning on waiting till spring to put them on anyway......

so please do post some pics of the process and finished product if you would :p
[/quote]

can do! stay posted to this thread, as i will probably post them here first, then into the other media places.

to complete the look i need hid's though... halogens bug me. oh well i gotta wait till i have the money for all that. im debating if i should put some of this paint on tint stuff on my front lenses but i dont think i will...

#11 ·
you seriously just made my day... i didnt even think of lightbulb paint...and with the information you gave me im assuming painting the turn signals on the sides of the car are feaseable in color :D and having them red when there off makes it even better....im incredibly pumped right now lol.

I think combinding the red angel eyes and red fog lights it would look pretty mean coming down the street. we shall see in a few weeks 8)

#12 ·
[quote author=CopperHeadMazda link=topic=64603.msg1108167#msg1108167 date=1166123743]
you seriously just made my day... i didnt even think of lightbulb paint...and with the information you gave me im assuming painting the turn signals on the sides of the car are feaseable in color :D and having them red when there off makes it even better....im incredibly pumped right now lol.

I think combinding the red angel eyes and red fog lights it would look pretty mean coming down the street. we shall see in a few weeks 8)
[/quote]

eh, iono about red fogs... i origionally wanted hid fogs so i could drive with those and have angel eyes on but its too expensive for just looks for me, so im doin red angel eyes and eventually a 6k hid kit and maybe some hid match halogens for the fog. and that my friend will be my front end :lol: but yea you guys will see a full report in a few weeks from me on how their going. ill try to remember to take pix of the install

#14 ·
yea i wasnt too positive about the fogs...ill probably just throw some green underglow and keep the red angel eyes as it...along with some brighter lights.

but if you get it done before I do (which you most likely will) definitly post pics

maybe put some eylids with the red angels...make it look meaner.

#17 ·
[quote author=*txmica3* link=topic=64603.msg1108187#msg1108187 date=1166125274]
[quote author=stephanie link=topic=64603.msg1108184#msg1108184 date=1166125087]
it's a sweet idea i'm still not understanding how these are legal?
[/quote]

::ahem:: refer two points above... ^^
[/quote]

sorry... the server is so slow that it took a few tries for that post to make it through.

#18 ·
[quote author=stephanie link=topic=64603.msg1108192#msg1108192 date=1166125596]
[quote author=*txmica3* link=topic=64603.msg1108187#msg1108187 date=1166125274]
[quote author=stephanie link=topic=64603.msg1108184#msg1108184 date=1166125087]
it's a sweet idea i'm still not understanding how these are legal?
[/quote]

::ahem:: refer two points above... ^^
[/quote]

sorry... the server is so slow that it took a few tries for that post to make it through.
[/quote]

its all good :lol: its driving me crazy to keep posting cuz its soo slow up on this page lately. but oh well, and about it being illegal.. oh well i guess, ill have those on, an illegal test pipe soon, i dont have a front plate (its in my back seat actually lol) and who knows, my intake may be illegal too...

i really want to wire these to a switch so i can turn them off and on, anyone know where i can get just a switch? ive seen them somewhere on here but i cant remember where... thanks

#19 ·
you can pick up any switch at a radioshack. but for the special ones the mazdas take (because their flat then go curvy and all that) im not sure, id love to know though because i have alot of crap i need on switches.

would you happen to have a link to some of that lightbulb paint you were talking about =) ?

#20 ·
aight, maybe ill go shoot down there real quick and see what they got, theres one just a few minutes away... anyway heres the link... stuff isnt cheap though, i was going to buy some, use what i need and then sell the rest (since its basically stuff you use once and dont need again) so if you would be willing to wait i could do that and it may save both of us money... btw though ill be getting red.

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/bulandtailli1.html

#23 ·
Ok guys here is the deal on red or blue lights on your car. In most states only emergency vehicles are allowed red or blue. If you have those colored lights on your car most likely you will be stopped and ticketed. If you dont fix it then you will be subject to more hassle by the MAN. Make sure you check the law in your state. Each one has different laws pertaining to this. I think it would look bad ass. But if you have to re bake your lights apart to change them out it is a hassle and your stuck with red painted halo's. Hope this helps ............ Clue

#25 ·
[quote author=WinningBlueMica`05 link=topic=64603.msg1108302#msg1108302 date=1166129983]
It says they can't send that paint internationally ??? They are in Phoenix, Arizona and I am here in Canada

any1 want to order me some then re ship it to me ??
[/quote]

i said before i can probably send you some when im done for cheap, im right next door from them here in texas. i can guarantee you one can will last more than 4 angel eyes lol. however you would have to be willing to wait. my angel eyes got shipped yesterday and when they get here ill get them on as soon as i can obviously. this reminds me i need to order that paint lol

#26 ·
Im part of homeland defence....maybe ill be able to get away with it? I have special clearance and a card to go with my authorization 8)

but yea Red is what i was looking for shoot me a PM when your done with it...if i had patience ill take it off your hands.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.