Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to get wheels for a velocity red sedan. I found a used set of bronze wheels but im not sure how that would look. Any suggestions on what colors would go best with my color 3?

·
Registered
920 Posts
I'd get bronze ifI was you, cuz gold isnt for everyone. Gunmetal is always nice, but NO white rims! FUGLAY IMO ;)

·
Registered
836 Posts
Gunmetal ftw!

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
ive looked at some hyperblack, or just black wheels. with tints it would look good, esepcially smoked out lights all around.... other then that, def bronze..

·
Registered
258 Posts
i think it all depends on the wheel you are looking at also... some wheels look better in lighter colors like silver or whatever than they do in darker ones... i think the darker ones sometimes make them look small and dont really stand out too much, which is a shame at times cause you should be showing off what you put on, not let it hide.... but thats just my opinion :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
I know from my experience with my rims...Bronze Enkei RS7 on my velocity red HB...its a love or hate relationship. I love them and i think they fit great with the look of the car i am going for. saying that some people love the look, some hate it...and some people it kinda took a bit to grow on them. It was weird how much the color of the rim affects peoples perception of the rims. I wanted bronze from the start to stand out from the crowd and it looks great. I thought rims were supposed to make the car unique so thats what the bronze did for me.
side note sorry to cut into your thread but i'm pretty sure i'm planning on selling my rims if your interested in a 18" bronze rim with toyo rubber let me know.

·
Registered
267 Posts
[quote author=chimp link=topic=69806.msg1216531#msg1216531 date=1171900820]
I know from my experience with my rims...Bronze Enkei RS7 on my velocity red HB...its a love or hate relationship. I love them and i think they fit great with the look of the car i am going for. saying that some people love the look, some hate it...and some people it kinda took a bit to grow on them. It was weird how much the color of the rim affects peoples perception of the rims. I wanted bronze from the start to stand out from the crowd and it looks great. I thought rims were supposed to make the car unique so thats what the bronze did for me.
side note sorry to cut into your thread but i'm pretty sure i'm planning on selling my rims if your interested in a 18" bronze rim with toyo rubber let me know.
[/quote]

Got any pics with them on ur car, I might be interested.

·
Registered
168 Posts
there are some pics on my club website
http://teamgarageworks.com/index2.htm
click members --> Keith L.
and those are some pics of the rims on the car. if your interested further i could go take some up close pics of the rims. they have been in my garage and off the car for a while so that would be an option for pics of just the rims.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
bronze on velo red rules:

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
[quote author=rubyred3 link=topic=69806.msg1217118#msg1217118 date=1171918177]
bronze on velo red rules:

[/quote]

HAWT!

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
yeah, I'm working on the tints, just need to get some cash together, but unfortunately the wife's mini is gonna need new tires soon instead. . .

1 - 20 of 29 Posts