Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
every morning i turn my car on to let it warm up and this week for the second time i turned the car on and it died instantly. it is about 35 outside. it dosent happen every morning but once a week this would happen. not sure what it could be. any ideas? im thinking some really small leak maybe i should just unplug the negative from the battery and let it relearn

·
Registered
723 Posts
does it just kick over once and not catch, or does it actually start and run for a second and then die? if its the former, its normal, you just have to keep on the key for that extra 1/2 second or so. if its the latter, then it might be a sticking egr or something causing an air leak which causes the car to not be able to hold an idle when cold. also, if you hold the throttle for a second to keep it running, will it not die then?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it turns on and runs for 1 sec then dies and if i give it gas it will stay on im pretty sure its a leak somewhere

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how does this belong on the stock page i have lots of mods and this could be affected by my mods this is really dumb

·
Registered
723 Posts
check all your intake piping for leaks, does the car idle rough or anything? have a dashhawk or something that can log? see what your fuel trims are at idle.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good point ill do that tomorrow see what the deal is. i just got the dashhawk so im still learning how to use all of the settings

·
Registered
208 Posts
on cold starts, i would die as well. my inlet was loose. monitor your afr with your dh and check to see if you're running lean at idle.
also, monitor your fuel pressure..i doubt it, but this could be related to that. i REALLY doubt it though.
tighten all couplers or boost tubes if you're on tmic. tighten inlet and intake couplers. tighten recirc hose and report back

1 - 8 of 8 Posts