Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seems to be oil and grime on my cold pipe tube. (Visible from the outside)...(I pretty sure that's what it is)...the black tube right in the front bottom of the bpv. Is it normal?

·
Registered
605 Posts
[quote author=FC link=topic=136926.msg2951863#msg2951863 date=1235211145]
There seems to be oil and grime on my cold pipe tube. (Visible from the outside)...(I pretty sure that's what it is)...the black tube right in the front bottom of the bpv. Is it normal?
[/quote]

The cold pipe goes from the tmic to the tb. It is not black, unless it has been painted/powdercoated. Do you mean the recirculation tube?

Cold Pipe

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The cold pipe pictured...on the right, isn't that where the bpv is bolted up against with two screws? The black tube I'm referring to is located right by the front bottom of the bpv, but not connected to the bpv. It looks similar to one of the SU silicone boost tubes. What color is the stock tube?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, so it is the "black tube" that is clamped onto the cold pipe and tb. Right next to where the bottom screw is for the BPV. (left side). There is a light coat of oil and grime on the black tube/hose (watever). Please correct me if I'm wrong. Should I be worried?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts