Mazda3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best cold air intake? Also, if I buy one and don't want to install it myself would I be able to go anywhere and get it installed for me? Also, do aftermarket items void the warrenty?

·
Registered
508 Posts
if you search you will see everything needed to now about intakes. F5, F2, MS, AEM, Injen, These are the ones preferred. Search and you will find.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
:hijacked:

what the hell is this emoticon for?

:redxd:

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
links to pictures that dont work.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But I don't know much about cars and I don't want to mess it up. Where could I go to get it installed for me?

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
before my car was bought, i'd never ever changed a flat.

we're not trying to stop you from taking it somewhere to get put in, but once you realize how absolutely easy, informative (and fun!) it is then you'll wonder why you paid some shmuck, who probably won't even take the care and precision that you would, to put it on for upwards of $100.

read some faqs here. look at some walk-throughs. learn. psych yourself up and go in to it with the knowledge that the absolute worst that can happen is having to put it back to stock because you bunged something up and you'll have to try again another time. just gain some knowledge and read up on the topic.

or pay mazda to do it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
hey I was the same way, couldnt do much with my car. I installed my CAI, honesly once you get over the jitters of devirginizing your car(and car skills) it's nothing. Quite simple to be honest. Some unscrewing and unbolting, the rest is putting the filter and maf on and putting the splash guard back on. When I did it all I had to do was unscrew the two screws in the wheel well and around the front of the bottom bumper up to the middle. Thats all that is needed to unscrew. Take out your stock box, resonator, and unclip the maf from the battery box for some slack. Any questions can easily be found, or just ask. Don't let it intimidate you, unless someone is severly retarded you could do it. Give yourself 2 hours at the most, and thats for a first timer. Trust me

·
Registered
513 Posts
Do you know where u can get the F2 Cai i found this one site tried to contact to ask if it would still fit on a 07 but they didnt respond
thanks

·
Registered
508 Posts
[quote author=mazda225 link=topic=65587.msg1124013#msg1124013 date=1167358322]
Do you know where u can get the F2 Cai i found this one site tried to contact to ask if it would still fit on a 07 but they didnt respond
thanks
[/quote]

http://www.sportcompactindustries.c..._id=49&zenid=a65e1bb456f4b868e95a9d577ef3c287

Try them out, I would call them because I believe ppl have been having problems with their orders but they sell them. Check the gb forums as well

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Please use the search. There are a TON of threads and comparisons about certain CAIs. You can search "F2 CAI" for example and be directed to threads that contain info on them. Good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.