Mazda3 Forums banner

Coil Spring Spacers

8K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  philrab 
#1 ·
I am looking for a 1" coil spring spacers. I am a big'n and I always carry a 40lb tool bag in the back of my car and I have bearly in spec camber in the rear.
So I am looking to go beefier such as the Cobb but I am not looking to ride lower. My jack only has 1/4" clearance as is.

Have yall seen spacers so I can keep stock ride height?

GM coil spring spacer pictured in the thread.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Well I am 245-255 lbs and I do not have tiny friends. I do not wan the frame to hit the ground. It is not uncommon for me to haul 100+lbs of Army crap. I do not buy into the lower is better idea, law of diminishing returns kicks in quick with lowering.

I do not see that Racingbeat makes springs for the MS3.

#5 ·
Dukebrown

did you ever try these? did they fit? im having a similar problem
Just to add another option, you could look at Road Magnet, as they make some higher rate springs with a fairly mild 3/4" drop. Same spring rate as their lower springs, just more spring. If you're looking to stay lowered by carry more load, that may be a good option for you.

Otherwise, you may try hitting up an autoparts store. I know they make spring spacers (look like little rubber donuts that fit between your coils, have to have the spring at full droop/jacked up to insert them, and at ride height they shouldn't move.) that should increase your spring rate by removing the number of active coils (coils that can compress) from your spring, which all other things the same increases spring rate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.