Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone still having problem with the Cobb SRI breaking the battery bracket? I'm switching from the Nano to the Cobb SRI to match the AP maps but don't want it breaking my battery bracket. Cobb claims it didn't happen to a lot of cars but didn't offer a solution.

·
Registered
387 Posts
No updates really......I've had my SRI for 1.5 years with no issues.
Others have had it break fairly quickly. It's pretty hit and miss, but no big deal even if it does break.
The filter seems secure even without the bracket - some run without it.

·
Registered
518 Posts
IMO the cp-e will be braking the bracket as well, just in some time. I drive my car hard everyday, so thats probably why mine happened sooner but I also put like 20k miles on my car since owning it. Theres no fix or way to stop it but I'll prolly have my uncle weld the bitch on there real good.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have a feeling that the breaking of the bracket is related directly to how hard one drives his/her MS3.

I use it as a daily driver and my bracket looks perfect.

I've had the Cobb piece since last June.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
[quote author=cosmicsp33d3 link=topic=135601.msg2920836#msg2920836 date=1234069477]
IMO the cp-e will be braking the bracket as well, just in some time. I drive my car hard everyday, so thats probably why mine happened sooner but I also put like 20k miles on my car since owning it. Theres no fix or way to stop it but I'll prolly have my uncle weld the bitch on there real good.
[/quote]

i'm sure you could get the cpe to break the bracket if you pushed hard enough, but i think it would take more abuse with the cpe than the cobb, since they learned from cobb's mistake and put in a rubber bushing into their bracket. i drove for a year without my cobb bracket causing the battery bracket to break and then i took the bracket off. it's not really necessary to have that bracket in there, so i'm just going to run without it to be safe.

·
Registered
75 Posts
[quote author=pwrful4 link=topic=135601.msg2919403#msg2919403 date=1234013637]
Anyone still having problem with the Cobb SRI breaking the battery bracket? I'm switching from the Nano to the Cobb SRI to match the AP maps but don't want it breaking my battery bracket. Cobb claims it didn't happen to a lot of cars but didn't offer a solution.
[/quote]

My bracket broke off too, however, I just thought it was just mine... didn't know that others had the same issue. Is Cobb doing something about this issue or do I just have to live with it.. Currently, I used a zip tie to hold it together until i find a permanent solution.

·
Registered
518 Posts
[quote author=Sacrilicious link=topic=135601.msg2926481#msg2926481 date=1234282415]
[quote author=cosmicsp33d3 link=topic=135601.msg2920836#msg2920836 date=1234069477]
[/quote]

i'm sure you could get the cpe to break the bracket if you pushed hard enough, but i think it would take more abuse with the cpe than the cobb, since they learned from cobb's mistake and put in a rubber bushing into their bracket. i drove for a year without my cobb bracket causing the battery bracket to break and then i took the bracket off. it's not really necessary to have that bracket in there, so i'm just going to run without it to be safe.
[/quote]

lol have you seen how violently this engine rocks under load? theres no way in HELL that little rubber piece is going to keep it from breaking when you drive fairly aggressive/hard. I have 29k miles on my car and I dont rememeber where it broke but it was after like 15k miles so...just keep waiting :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts