Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have both of these? the COBB SRI and the Turbo inlet pipe combo?

I have read about the inlet pipe moving around cause of no flange to mount it with but the SRI does have a mounting point. Does the combo fix the moving issue? any one have input or thoughts on this subject?

(i originally posted this in the wrong forum.. reposting it here)

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
i have the cobb sri and the cp-e inlet...i know it isn't the same as the question above...but here are my impressions

cobb sri, i do not have the bracket mounted...i fear that it will break one day so I held off on the bracket.....

the cp-e inlet has a mounting tab so it secures it in place

with the cobb sri (no bracket) and cp-e inlet (mounted with tab) my cobb silicone hose bends down a little...but nothing to really worry about

i suspect people who have cobb sri and cobb inlet...well the cobb sri bracket should hold the sri and inlet in place...but if you run no bracket on the sri like I am, then you will def have a sinking intake..haha

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have both the cobb intake and turbo inlet with no fitment problems. Everything seems to be holding in place just fine. i would just make sure that the air straightener for the SRI is securely fastened.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=Midwestracer link=topic=140375.msg3026022#msg3026022 date=1238386579]
I have both the cobb intake and turbo inlet with no fitment problems. Everything seems to be holding in place just fine. i would just make sure that the air straightener for the SRI is securely fastened.
[/quote]

so you have it mounted to teh battery bracket?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts