Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ye I been reading every post about those two springs. :)

I'm leaning toward Eibach after seeing some members complaining that Cobb doesn't lower rear at all.

but it seems like Cobb is still the best seliing springs. and most reviews are positive.

On the other hand, there are not many reviews on Eibach pro-kit.. it looks like it gives decent drop front and rear. and not much complaint.

This is my daily driver and I am not planning on goin to coilover route for a while..

I just want nice stance and better handling if possible.

so.... cobb or eibach??

Thanks for your input. :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
[quote author=kwon1982 link=topic=135039.msg2905414#msg2905414 date=1233547653]
Ye I been reading every post about those two springs. :)

I'm leaning toward Eibach after seeing some members complaining that Cobb doesn't lower rear at all.

but it seems like Cobb is still the best seliing springs. and most reviews are positive.

On the other hand, there are not many reviews on Eibach pro-kit.. it looks like it gives decent drop front and rear. and not much complaint.

This is my daily driver and I am not planning on goin to coilover route for a while..

I just want nice stance and better handling if possible.

so.... cobb or eibach??

Thanks for your input. :)

[/quote]

IF that is all you want, then get a different set of springs. I believe Road Magnet has the lowest drop for the MS3 and in many eyes, that is the best looking.

If better handling is what you're after, I think I'll stay out of that discussion since I don't believe I have the knowledge to supply an appropriate opinion.

Do keep this in mind between the two:
Cobb - Spring rates:
Front 216
Rear 214

Eibach Pro-Kit- Spring rates(Progressive spring rate):
Front rates 160lbs-239lbs
Rear rates 148lbs-228lbs

·
Registered
760 Posts
im thinkin about gettin springs too but im deciding between tein and eibach sport, recently seen couple members here with teins and they are couple dollars cheaper than eibachs so i dont know, but i think u should go with reviews from members here that have used either set, and then make ur decision, good luck

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I'm waiting for my ms3 specific pro kits to get here (tomorrow), I chose them because I like progressive springs as opposed to linear. Nice ride until you get into the corners where they stiffen up.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
the cobb springs are also progressive. keep in mind that putting a large drop on your car will make the stock shocks wear out faster. i like the cobb springs because the drop isn't enough to absolutely destroy my shocks. i've had them for 1+yrs/20k+ miles, and i haven't had a single problem with them. if you want an insane drop, then you really should consider coilovers, because it's a way better bang for the buck if you consider the cost of shock replacements...

·
Registered
74 Posts
[quote author=machr85 link=topic=135039.msg2905587#msg2905587 date=1233551872]
im thinkin about gettin springs too but im deciding between tein and eibach sport, recently seen couple members here with teins and they are couple dollars cheaper than eibachs so i dont know, but i think u should go with reviews from members here that have used either set, and then make ur decision, good luck
[/quote]

Stay away from Teins. I have heard a lot of bad things about their springs, however that wasn't for MS3 springs. Don't know about their coilovers though.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I urge you to consider getting a set of shocks to go with your springs. Together these will make the best difference.

Also, running the shitty stock shocks with lowering springs will only cut their life span in half.

The stock shock are one of the weakest links. Try and replace them.

Not the best for looks but are necessary for good performance

·
Registered
60 Posts
[quote author=scmazdaspeed link=topic=135039.msg2930854#msg2930854 date=1234409902]
[quote author=machr85 link=topic=135039.msg2905587#msg2905587 date=1233551872]
[/quote]

Stay away from Teins. I have heard a lot of bad things about their springs, however that wasn't for MS3 springs. Don't know about their coilovers though.
[/quote]

I just bought cobb springs so I will know more once I put them on. But Tein Has an awesome Coilover I have had the SuperStreet Damper on my civic for almost 2 yrs with no issues.and my civic is pretty damn low. Plus you can send them back to them if you need to refurbish them,a couple years from now.(if they are still around)

·
Registered
425 Posts
[quote author=Sacrilicious link=topic=135039.msg2915358#msg2915358 date=1233872176]
the cobb springs are also progressive. keep in mind that putting a large drop on your car will make the stock shocks wear out faster. i like the cobb springs because the drop isn't enough to absolutely destroy my shocks. i've had them for 1+yrs/20k+ miles, and i haven't had a single problem with them. if you want an insane drop, then you really should consider coilovers, because it's a way better bang for the buck if you consider the cost of shock replacements...
[/quote]

The Cobb springs are not progressive. They are linear, just like the OEM springs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts