Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed their catch point moving around? Sometimes I have to lift the the clutch pedal up the normal amount and sometimes not so much? anyone having this issue?

·
Registered
64 Posts
No, I can't say I've noticed that, but I have a clutch concern of my own.

How far do you have to put your foot down to allow the car to start? I've driven manuals all my life, but on this car I have to put my foot to within about a quarter inch of the floor (sometimes even touching the floor) to start it. On my first MS3 I know I didn't have to put it that low, or I (assume I) would have noticed it.

Is this something I should be concerned about?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
[quote author=Red5 link=topic=69154.msg1199009#msg1199009 date=1171113196]

How far do you have to put your foot down to allow the car to start? I've driven manuals all my life, but on this car I have to put my foot to within about a quarter inch of the floor (sometimes even touching the floor) to start it. On my first MS3 I know I didn't have to put it that low, or I (assume I) would have noticed it.

[/quote]

er....isn't putting it to the floor easier than 1/2 an inch above ground. I haven't had a car that I didn't have to put to floor to start.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have been driving manual shift cars forever also, and I put the pedal to the floor. I have just always done that, and can't imagine only depressing it half way to start it. My routine: get in, put key in, pin the pedal to the floor, take it out of gear and start it. :p

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
[quote author=dutchie3 link=topic=69154.msg1199096#msg1199096 date=1171119290]

[/quote]

er....isn't putting it to the floor easier than 1/2 an inch above ground. I haven't had a car that I didn't have to put to floor to start.
[/quote][quote author=DLUX link=topic=69154.msg1199117#msg1199117 date=1171120700]
I have been driving manual shift cars forever also, and I put the pedal to the floor. I have just always done that, and can't imagine only depressing it half way to start it. My routine: get in, put key in, pin the pedal to the floor, take it out of gear and start it. :p
[/quote]

same here as for the catch point mine is always in the same place, I love the clutch in my ms3

·
Registered
439 Posts
I've owned nothing but manuals. And I've always pushed them to the floor when starting them up.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Haven't noticed the catch point moving. And yes, I push the pedal all the way to the floor when starting and when shifting.

·
Registered
759 Posts

[/quote]
There is an actual switch that gets pushed in when you push the pedal to the floor. The switch is what allows the car to start so no way for it to happen with the clutch pedal only half way in. Even my 94 Saturn had this so I doubt your Mazda 3 could have been any different.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
[quote author=Midak link=topic=69154.msg1207632#msg1207632 date=1171483812]

[/quote]
There is an actual switch that gets pushed in when you push the pedal to the floor. The switch is what allows the car to start so no way for it to happen with the clutch pedal only half way in. Even my 94 Saturn had this so I doubt your Mazda 3 could have been any different.
[/quote]yep the clutch start switch is on the floor, gotta press it to start.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts