Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes when I start from a dead stop and I am letting out the clutch I get sort of a moaning sound. Like when large truck steps on the brakes. Also I am not on the brake pedal at all when this happens. I started about 2 weeks ago when I noticed it. It seems to happen more often when I let the clutch out slowly. Does any one have any idea what it could be? I don't think it is a normal sound.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I have it...it's more like dragging brake pad. Just as Greykiller2005 says, "The sound for me is like someone is blowing on the top of a (empty coke) bottle". It's defintely a resonating sound. I ran it by the service dept, but I wasn't able to reproduce the sound on my test drive w/ the service advisor. The brakes have to be warm/hot to produce the sound. They documented it, though.

I will probably pull the front wheels this weekend, inspect the pads and check if the guides/pins are properly lubed.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I noticed that post too after I stared mine :p. I'm going into the dealer Tuesday so I hope I can get it to happen again. I guess ill just have to heat up the brakes.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts